• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chronic-Infection-H-pylori-Manganese-Connection

Radio

What is non-enriched rice though?

Enriched rice is white rice which has been mixed with an assortment of vitamins and nutrients to make it more nutritious. Many companies make enriched rice, and the packaging usually clearly indicates the level of enrichment in the grain, although those levels may vary after cooking, depending on how the rice is cooked. Most grocers carry several styles of enriched rice, from enriched short grain sushi rice to long grain jasmine rice.

When rice is processed into white rice, a great deal of the nutritional value is lost. The fiber and nutrient rich outer bran is stripped first, leaving behind the germ and endosperm. In many cases, the nutritious germ is lost as well during the polishing process. As a result, white rice is not terribly nutritious, naturally. Therefore, some producers add vitamins and minerals back in after the rice has been processed, or they include vitamin pellets in their sacks of rice so that their rice will provide more nutritional value.

Especially in developing nations, enriched rice is extremely important. Since rice is a staple food for millions of people around the world, it is important for rice to be highly nutritious. In regions with a high volume of white rice consumption, nutritional deficiencies have been noted. It is hoped that sales of enriched rice will reverse this trend, by supplementing the daily diet with more vitamins and minerals. Non- enriched rice, (Plan rice with nothing added).

Radio

The objective here is to create whole new molecules, not to use Ribose as a direct energy source (though the body will clearly do that whether we like it or not.

Yes,
Why are we not making these sugars?
Why do supplements work for some and not for others?
Why is the mitochondria unable to maintain ATP?
Why do i feel like i'm being poisoned everyday?

The answer....

Cyanide?

Cyanide poisoning occurs when a living organism is exposed to a compound that produces cyanide ions (CN−) when dissolved in water. Common poisonous cyanide compounds include hydrogen cyanide gas and the crystalline solids potassium cyanide and sodium cyanide. The cyanide ion halts cellular respiration by inhibiting an enzyme in the mitochondria called cytochrome c oxidase.

This will be my next Thread....

Last edited:

Leopardtail

Why are we not making these sugars?
Why do supplements work for some and not for others?
Ribose is metabolically expensive to create, it's needed to product ATP, ATP is needed to produce it. Hence a simple vicious circle seems most likely.

Everything needed (for example) for ATP synthesis has some other use. The particular stress that broke a single ME patient could put a different breaking strain on biochemistry - thus leading to different core problems in each patient.
This is one possible explanation re different responses.
The other thing I have found is that sometimes it's been the right combination of two or three things that has worked for me personally. I am hoping the time will come when we can package 'workings sets' into fewer and easier pills for both patients and doctors to work with.
Do you find this also various with state of illness?
I have looked into my personal endocrine picture and found hormone levels are high when fatigue is lowering, slightly low in light fatigue, very low in high fatigue.
My blue sky thinking on this is that some of the variability has to do with current state, some to do with change in state within and across patients in addition to all the general factors.

As Alex (and I) have pointed out fairly recently, this site has people with ME, people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and people with Chronic Idiopathic Fatigue (Bagnall defintions) along with various Methyl Cycle Abnormalities. Even with the ME patients separated apart form known current causes there are then slow onset and fast onset variants. Once ME has been in place for years, one would expect a biochemical bomb site by sheet virtue of it powering everything.

What is the cause of the mitochondria dysfunction?
Until we do metabolic analyses at or close to first onset of the disease, I doubt we will work this one out for certain. There see to be a number of fairly credible theories but these cycles are so intimately interlinked hence it becomes chicken and egg.

For now I prefer to focus on using occam's razor to explain the distinguishing symptom of ME, then work from that point to produce improvement. That's where my personal focus will stay until we can produce reliable (semi)recovery in ME patients. In the case of type I diabetes knowing the cause for example is of no help in treatment. Knowing the symptomatic root however has proven life saving. I will leave investigation of root cause to the medics.
Should the time come that I (or anybody else) can produce marked improvement in over half of patients I will start tracing backwards to find the true root of the disease.
One interesting thing though - ME share's a lot of common side effects with type II diabetes in terms of biochemistry, this being part of my interest in the Mitochondrial.
Why do i feel like i'm being poisoned everyday?
The answer....
( Cyanide )
I am detecting a theory of your own. More on this please Radio, am all ears

Last edited:

Radio

I am detecting a theory of your own. More on this please Radio, am all ears.

I'm working out the hypothesis right now...We are looking at the genetics as well...I really want to put together a think tank of CFS/ME fourm members to study these theories in a structure quantitative manner.

Leopardtail

I am detecting a theory of your own. More on this please Radio, am all ears.

I'm working out the hypothesis right now...We are looking at the genetics as well...I really want to put together a think tank of CFS/ME fourm members to study these theories in a structure quantitative manner.
More than happy to look at them, the more we share the faster we get there.

Radio

H. pylori is pretty common and a lot of people don’t even know they have it. From what scientists can test- It is the most common infection in the world! When you do know you have it, most likely it is because you are already having un plesent symptoms.

Im not going to list all the symptoms here all because it can pretty much be anything. Not just digestion related/ulcers. Lots of doctors think it stays in the stomach. Nope. It can travel and infect any organ it likes to.

Not only does h. pylori invade but since it reduces stomach acid- (because it likes an base environment to grow) then other parasites and bugs have a easy time thriving. Acid kills, without acid-bad bugs will live in you.

Many people say that most people infected have no symptoms. Though, I disagree because now I know that it does only produce stomach related symptoms. (Brain fog, thyroid, allergies, fatigue, parasites, and other chronic illnesses are related to h. pylori.

The real truth about H. pylori:
http://www.mygutsy.com/is-h-pylori-...thyroid-autoimmune-disorders-adrenal-fatigue/

xks201

If h pylori can steal manganese I'm sure other bacteria can too. Bingo. 150mgs day manganese to front load helps. Orthomolecular medicine helps a lot.

lansbergen

Manganese superoxide dismutase (MnSOD) is the principal antioxidant enzyme in the mitochondria.

And SOD2 impairment is associated with the infection I suspect. There is not enough SOD2 to neutralize the supperoxide.

Lately I found superoxide can serve as a defense against pathogens. The way it does that can fit with the pathogen I suspect.

Balance is the key again. Superoxide is needed to fight the infection but to much can harm cell membranes, mitochondrioa membranes and other cell compartments membranes.

I wish Julia Newton would hurry up with publising her musclecell superoxide research results.

Last edited: