August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrme Trending On Medscape This Week

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Never Give Up, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Never Give Up

Never Give Up Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.

http://reference.medscape.com/viewarticle/873970

Each week, we identify one top search term, speculate as to what caused its popularity, and provide an infographic on a related condition. If you have thoughts about what's trending and why, feel free to share them with us on Twitter or Facebook!

Clinical Trend of the Week (January 21-27): Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
    An investigation into the origins of a sometimes controversial condition is responsible for this week's top search term. A new study suggests that the blockage of a metabolic enzyme could be responsible for the symptoms experienced in myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME)/chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). The findings suggest a reduction in the amino acids that fuel oxidative metabolism could result in a shortage of energy in muscles and a buildup of lactate. This may have major implications in understanding and treating a challenging condition, leading to the popularity of this week's top term.

See more popular forum discussions.