• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chronic ebv - mostly cognitive symptoms

Hi all,

Anyone have symptoms that are predominantly pain related rather then fatigue?

My symptoms are mostly pain and swelling related on my left side including brain fog, vision issues, sore neck and shoulder, lower back, leg, arthritic symptoms in hands. Feels like my lymphs are slightly swollen putting pressure on everything else. Symptoms are more like fibromyalgia than cfs.

I don't have any flu like symptoms and I have reasonable amounts of energy but have chronic tenderness / swelling across one side of my body.

Doc has ruled out lyme but suspects ebv after positive blood test. Trying to get a sense of what most folk experience as been dealing with this for 10 + years

Anyone with chronic ebv have similar symptoms without the traditional "sick' symptoms like flu and fatigue?

Many thanks

Adey