• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chronic diarrhea

Boule de feu

I was diagnosed with IBS (Alternate) a while ago, but lately I have been dealing with chronic diarrhea.
I have noticed a real difference in my bowel movements and it does bother me at this point because I don't know if I should worry (or not!) about this new symptom. Is there a possibility that I will become dehydrated after a while? Will I start loosing weight? My GP told me that I also suffer from malabsorption syndrome.

Before, I would get diarrhea each time I would feel more sick. I knew right away I had to be more careful and rest more. It was always accompanied by low-grade fever.
Now, the diarrhea does not go away. I don't run a fever. My sore throat is worse than ever.

I would like to find out what you think and I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.

http://alldisease.blogspot.com/2006/04/chronic-diarrhea_05.html

In this article, we can read that diarrhea is considered chronic after two weeks.
There is diarrhea caused by an infection
and there is diarrhea that are not caused by an infection.
They also mention that diarrhea can be life threatening when there is a weak immune system.

I forgot to mention that I have severe abdominal pain just before a bowel movement.
It hurts so much that there are times I will avoid to eat because of it.

jstefl

I began suffering from diarrhea after about 10 years of CFS. It quickly got worse and worse, until everything was a liquid.

About this time, I began reading Dr. Chia's papers. I had a tissue sample tested by him, and found out that I had enterovirus infections in over 50% of the sample tissue. I started oxymatrine about 25 months ago. For the first 22 months or so, I didn't notice any difference. After that, things started going in the right direction. I have many ups and downs, but there are days when things seem almost normal. I have also noticed that things are closer to normal after a "good" day, and much worse after a "bad Day".

I have also had a sore throat for over 40 years, that recently has almost completely gone away. I don't know if this is related to the oxy, as I am doing methylation, LDN and Artesunate at the same time.

I don't want to repeat things as I have described this on another thread on this site, as well as the HHV-6 site.

Briefly, I began developing polyps in my colon, and eventually had part of it removed. I wish that I had known about oxy many years ago, I feel that I could have avoided a lot if I had.

Dr. Chia has developed a product called Equilibrant that is probably safer and better for you than the White Tiger Oxy that I am using, but I haven't tried it yet.

I am not sure about the dehydration issue, but I believe that is separate from the diarrhea. I used to get up in the middle of the night to urinate, but have found that the LDN has helped me sleep thru the night now.

John

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Saccharomyces boulardii is a good treatment for the medical conditon known in australia as dribble bum, the rest of the world know it as diarrhoea. Saccharomyces boulardii can help with inflammation in the gi tract and can help with establishing friendly bacteria in the gut and discourage harmful organisms and candida etc. Also has a beneficial effect on the immune system in the gut.

cheers!!!

rwac

I used the probiotics Align & Jarrow Ideal Bowel Support to help my IBS.
Another thing that helped was gelatin.

*GG*

I think LDN helped with my digestion also, I think it took over a year, but I recently realized this. I was taking a probiotic for a while but fell out of that habit. I also take a prescription (Creon) for digestion, but have been on that for 3+ years, so I chalk up my better digestion to the LDN. FYI.

Website with some info on Creon: http://www.drugs.com/creon.html

GG