Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Choline Injection

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by Peyt, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

Hi,
    I suspect one of the main reasons of my POTS is SIBO(small intestine bacterial overgrowth) which is a form of IBS. This causes poor absorption of vitamins and minerals out of foods that I eat. I first realized about injections when the B-Complex and B-1 shots that I got improved the neuropathy and pain/burning in my feet by 70%.
    So using the same analogy, I am looking to try Choline (which should be calming to the heart) and want to know if anyone can recommend an injection form of Choline so the next time I see my doctor I can ask her for a prescription from the compounding pharmacy.
    The one I found myself online is this one:
    https://www.empowerpharmacy.com/drugs/lipo-b-mic-injection.html
    But this has inositol in it and I do very badly with inositol, so I am looking to see if there is any Choline that does not have other stuff mixed in it?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Peyt

Sancar and Wayne like this.
  2. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

Patients are getting IV phosphatidly choline but it has to be given by a nurse.. they mix it with your blood and so its unlike a b1 injection in that way. also, won't your doc want to see some proof of deficiency ....

Wayne likes this.
  3. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

Proof of deficiency? I don't think they can test for Choline deficiency.

See more popular forum discussions.