• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Childhood illnesses?

Nielk

My mother used to tell me what a "healthy" child I was because unlike my sisters I never came down with any childhood sickness.
Did anyone have similar backgrounds?

floydguy

I was healthy and never got anything till i got the chicken pox, then hives, then mono with high EBV in high school

Nielk

My thinking is that because my immune system didn't have practice fighting anything off as a young child, it stayed in a weakened condition.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
not me, I got colds and gastritis and chickenpox like anyone else. well, I had the pox rater late, but I did have colds and gastritis, and played in the mud and all that. :)

drex13

I used to get strep throat alot as a kid, and had scarlet fever once, chicken pox, and whatever else was floating around. My immune system had plenty of practice....didn't help.

boomer

Sick a lot

My daughter was sick a lot as a preschooler. She had asthma, scarlet fever, colds, roseola, ear infections, etc. She had aching legs for a while. They hurt enough that I brought her to the doctor over pain in her legs. she was pretty active.

Boule de feu

Me too. Many trips to the ER as an infant. Very high fevers (104 +).
I received several penicillin shots and too many icy baths at the hospital.
To this day, I remember them! :-(
It's hard to believe that it was more than 40 years ago.