• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

'Cheltenham resident takes part in protest over reasons for ME blood ban'

Min

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co...blood-ban/article-2839573-detail/article.html

ME Association spokesman Tony Britton said: "A UK-wide ban on everybody with ME giving blood came into force on November 1.

"The blood and transplant service says this is a precaution to protect a donor's safety by ensuring that their condition is not made worse by giving blood.

"But we think it's more to do with protecting blood supplies from an unusual virus, XMRV, which in some studies has been found to be infecting the blood of people with this illness.

"We welcome the ban as a precautionary measure while the exact nature of the virus is being established."

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Thanks for posting this, Min. Fibrobabes, who was the interviewee in that article, has also started a thread on this here and is encouraging people to visit the story and leave a comment to encourage the Echo.