• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Check twitter now tweets from conference

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I guess the lunchbreak is over and Cort is tweeting again. There's some fascinating stuff coming out! I can't wait to hear a fuller account but these snippets are very encouraging. Sounds as though there is some good progress.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I know Dr Lerner et al has a poster in the poster session. He said the work was too recent to get a paper in to the conference. I hope one of our friends at the conference will have the time to check it out.

He was VERY excited about it....You don't think of someone in their 80's being aglow (I think he's in his 80's) being aglow but he was. It was a very small study - just a few people but it documented the presence of the early proteins/enzymes from EBV he believes is causing the problems in not only CFS but MS as well. He's now working with Dr. Glazer on that and they are applying to the NIH to come up with a easier test to find the proteins. He said it should be easy.

Glazer is good at getting NIH grants; its great those two are working together. :)

eric_s

I hope he will be able to continue for a long time. Dr. Bieger in Germany, who follows Dr. Lerner's line, at least to some degree, tested me for some specific EBV "things" that i've never seen written anywhere before. It was a test to see if there is reactivation. I was negative, but it might have been something similar to what you mentioned, Cort. I will check out his report and then post it here, what Dr. Bieger is testing for.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
He was VERY excited about it....You don't think of someone in their 80's being aglow (I think he's in his 80's) being aglow but he was. It was a very small study - just a few people but it documented the presence of the early proteins/enzymes from EBV he believes is causing the problems in not only CFS but MS as well. He's now working with Dr. Glazer on that and they are applying to the NIH to come up with a easier test to find the proteins. He said it should be easy.

Glazer is good at getting NIH grants; its great those two are working together. :)

Very neat! Thanks for your reports, Cort.

I have met Dr. Lerner and he is very kind, and I can certainly picture him glowing. :) I'm excited to hear of progress and hopefully funding. And if it can help MS as well, that's amazing. The MS population is very underserved, even though they do have some medications labelled for MS.