• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chase: We're in 11th place (40,000$), need 86 more votes for 10th place (100,000$)

OneWaySurvival

I have begged, groveled, pleaded, explained, and reposted for days and not one single Facebook friend (outside of those from this forum) has voted. I'm feeling discouraged and unloved.

I'm so sorry, ix. I love you, does that count? I agree with WillowJ that there are other explanations for why the votes aren't showing up from your friends.

I know you are feeling beat down, but listen to my experience from the last few hours and consider this if you feel up to it:

Try a follow-up personal phone call to your closest few friends/family.

Some of our friends have tried to vote and run into various problems. I've discovered in the last 2 hours that the most effective thing is to follow-up with a phone call (to your very closest friends) and offer to walk them through it. Then encourage them to publish their vote with a personal comment that encourages others to vote for their friend, before midnight ET tonight.

3 of my very closest friends (and brother) ended up voting and publishing to their friends after the personal phone call. Their obstacles to why they hadn't voted from the Facebook invite were (each had a different problem):
1) Thought it was spam
2) Forgot to "like" Chase Community Giving first, so vote button didn't actually do anything when he pushed it, so he thought he voted.
3) Looked briefly at Facebook but got confused and was too busy to solve it at the moment.

All appreciated my personal phone call follow-up, and all are now advocating strong and watching the leaderboard down to the final 2.5 hours.

To all:
It's not too late to call your very closest friends and family! There will always be ones or many who blow you off, but there might be a couple out there who just needed a little extra help and then they will feel great about helping you too. This could be the difference for us!

LazyLizard

11yrs with ME
I have begged, groveled, pleaded, explained, and reposted for days and not one single Facebook friend (outside of those from this forum) has voted. I'm feeling discouraged and unloved.

Yeah! Why is it so hard to get Facebook friends to vote in the Chase?
That's all I have ever asked of anyone. It must seem too complicated and un-cool or something.
I have written personal messages with a plea and explanation. Result: Completely ignored the request.
All of them!

camas

I've been harassing family and friends for days. I got one with over 2,500 friends to make a personal appeal, so I hope that she was able to bring in a few votes for us. What I find ironic is that my three distant cousins with fibromyalgia didn't vote. :confused:

ixchelkali

Yeah! Why is it so hard to get Facebook friends to vote in the Chase? That's all I have ever asked of anyone. It must seem too complicated and un-cool or something.
I have written personal messages with a plea and explanation. Result: Completely ignored the request.
All of them!

Thanks, then it's not just me. I'll stop taking it personally.

I'm so sorry, ix. I love you, does that count?
Yes, it does! Some days it's only having friends on PR that keeps me going.

Now I guess we all just wait and chew our fingernails until they announce the final results.