• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Chase: We're in 11th place (40,000$), need 86 more votes for 10th place (100,000$)

omerbasket

People, according to my calculations, the WPI are now in the 11th place - which gives them 40,000 dollars instead of 100,000 dollars that they would get if they finish in the 10th place (or better). We have 8,001 votes right now, while the organization that is in the tenth place ("CONEJO JEWISH DAY SCHOOL INC") has 8,086 votes. Please, do whatever you can to get the WPI more votes.

These are the steps neccessary in order to vote (first of all - you should have a facebook account in order to vote. You can open one for free and you do not need to give correct information about yourself):
1) You should click the "like" button on the following page:
http://chasecommunitygiving.contextoptional.com/

2) Then, you should click "Vote & Share" on the following page (it would also be great if you'd share it with your facebook friends, so that they will vote too - you can add a message for them if you'd like):
http://tinyurl.com/wpiround2

The voting ends in the coming hours!

What you may do is to post on the wall of many groups of people with diseases that are relevant - I posted on many walls of groups of ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia, Autism. Gulf War Syndrome and even Chronic Lyme Disease. Cancer may also be relevant. The message that I posted was:
Please vote for the "Whittemore-Peterson Institute" for neuroimmune diseases. Your must vote NOW because the contests ends today. These are the steps neccessary in order to vote click "like on the following page: http://chasecommunitygiving.contextoptional.com/
And then, click "Vote & Share" here:http://tinyurl.com/wpiround2
I'D BE GLAD TO VOTE FOR YOUR CAUSE AFTER YOU WOULD VOTE FOR THE WHITTEMORE-PETERSON INSTITUTE

You should, most of the time, click "like" on the top of the page before you can post.

OneWaySurvival

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
I wrote to some companies charitable offices and asked them to ask their employees to vote for WPI, with an explanation that I was asking because we don't have a lot of other options for getting money or help, and an explanation of what ME/CFS is. I copied WPI's "Big Idea" into the email also. I didn't realize, but from seeing a comment on another thread, I should have explained the disease abbreviations in brackets.

The day is wasting; feel free to do the same.

omerbasket

What you may do is to post on the wall of many groups of people with diseases that are relevant - I posted on many walls of groups of ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia, Autism. Gulf War Syndrome and even Chronic Lyme Disease. Cancer may also be relevant. The message that I posted was:
Please vote for the "Whittemore-Peterson Institute" for neuroimmune diseases. Your must vote NOW because the contests ends today. These are the steps neccessary in order to vote click "like on the following page: http://chasecommunitygiving.contextoptional.com/
And then, click "Vote & Share" here:http://tinyurl.com/wpiround2
I'D BE GLAD TO VOTE FOR YOUR CAUSE AFTER YOU WOULD VOTE FOR THE WHITTEMORE-PETERSON INSTITUTE

You should, most of the time, click "like" on the top of the page before you can post.

omerbasket

Also, post messages on the WPI page in the contest that tells people why we love the WPI so much - it can help the WPI win one of 5 200,000 dollars prizes that the commity of the chase competition would choose who to give.

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
Pretty Sad

It saddens me that many animal lovers have gone out of their way to drum points up for us. Some going daily to vote. I posted a link to ne of our supporters "Big Heart Rescue"asking for votes in a completely different contest, they are at 57th with 50 votes. After I posted the request they got 3 votes. What doers that tell you? pretty sad when cfs/me group will not even go one time to vote

http://www.care2.com/animalsheltercontest/

I dont think I will bother trying to get votes from the rescue groups anymore -

glen

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
It saddens me that many animal lovers have gone out of their way to drum points up for us. Some going daily to vote. I posted a link to ne of our supporters "Big Heart Rescue"asking for votes in a completely different contest, they are at 57th with 50 votes. After I posted the request they got 3 votes. What doers that tell you? pretty sad when cfs/me group will not even go one time to vote

http://www.care2.com/animalsheltercontest/

I dont think I will bother trying to get votes from the rescue groups anymore -

glen

glen, I can't find them with that link... it wants one to search by ZIP or state

maddietod

Glen - I don't understand about getting animal rescue groups to vote for WP, but I followed your link and voted for your shelter. Because obviously YOU understand how to share support around!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hi Glen - sorry, I didn't see your request earlier - I've just voted for them and told them it was because they'd supported ME/CFS charities so they'll know it's good payback!

leela

glen,

I used all my votes on the first day. I suspect many others may have done the same, not
knowing about the vote-sharing endgame thingie.

OneWaySurvival

6 hours to go! Last I heard we are in 13th place. Let's go now!

You should repost your link, because it doesn't work right now.

Thanks, Omerbasket! I fixed the link on my post #2 above, and here it is again:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/entry.php?926-How-to-get-more-votes-today-on-Facebook-for-WPI
(it's the most recent on the PR front page blogs)

My wife's Facebook Event invitation has now generated 103 votes from her direct friends. :victory: I'm so touched and excited by this outpouring of support for WPI from people that are learning of them for the first time. Many of her (our friends really)have re-posted the invitation to the "voting" event to their friends. No way to track how many that has generated, but my wife is getting comments every now and then saying, "thanks [such and such friend] for inviting me to vote for WPI"

Don't be afraid to host an event in these last 6 hours! It takes like 1 minute for somebody to vote and re-share.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
going daily to vote? I thought we could vote just once for any given charity? Am I misinformed?

I did vote for the Big Heart animal group

OneWaySurvival

going daily to vote? I thought we could vote just once for any given charity? Am I misinformed?

You can vote for up to 5 different charities, but only 1 time for each.

However, every day, multiple times a day, you can remind your facebook friends to vote. Update your status to say go vote for WPI...or host an event with voting instructions and send out reminders each hour for the next 5 hours until midnight ET. I hope the PEM is worth this. Don't let me down when you win the money, WPI. I believe in you.

ixchelkali

I have begged, groveled, pleaded, explained, and reposted for days and not one single Facebook friend (outside of those from this forum) has voted. I'm feeling discouraged and unloved.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
I have begged, groveled, pleaded, explained, and reposted for days and not one single Facebook friend (outside of those from this forum) has voted. I'm feeling discouraged and unloved.

I'm very sorry about that! I found that some people who voted (I know they did because they either told me or reposted on their wall) do not show up in the application as having voted. So maybe some of your friends care about this and you just can't tell. :)

Also did you try sending messages (as opposed to newsfeed posts)? Some people respond better to those. Especially if you can send them individual messages, but even 20 at a time (there's a FB-imposed limit).

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
You can vote for up to 5 different charities, but only 1 time for each.

However, every day, multiple times a day, you can remind your facebook friends to vote. Update your status to say go vote for WPI...or host an event with voting instructions and send out reminders each hour for the next 5 hours until midnight ET. I hope the PEM is worth this. Don't let me down when you win the money, WPI. I believe in you.

ok, thanks!