• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFSIDS/ME doctor in Central New York State?

stp

Hello,

I am fed up with my internist and need to find a doctor that understands CFSIDS/ME. I did a quick look and haven't found anyone promising in my area (Syracuse, NY). Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I'm getting desperate to find a doctor that I don't need to educate on ME.

Thank you!

Marg

Hi,

There is a good doctor list by states at www.co-cure.com. A lot near or in NYC.

Sherry Rogers is in Syracuse have you tried her?
I have read most of her books. The latest "Detox or Die" is an eyeopener. She is very much into enviormental medicine and I believe that plays a big part in this illnesss. I know she does a lot of good testing. I am not sure how much she looks at the immune system and that was my turning point. No one ever did anything but the normal tests and they were fine. I still have a ways to go but I would say 50% better since last year at this time.

David Bell in Lyndonville would have been the one but he is retired now. He is still attending meetings though and wants to get to the bottom of it.

A guideline for doctors is suppose to be being worked on, have no idea when that will come out.

I am from NYS as well but live in Alabama now due to my husband's work, I guess I am a Yankel. lol

Good luck and let me know how you make out.