• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFSAC webinar 17 & 18 May 2016

Gemini

Comet

I'm Not Imaginary
Yes. See Cort's blog for details:
http://www.healthrising.org/blog/20...gue-syndrome-worse-mulitple-sclerosis-cancer/

QOL-MECFS.jpg

Don't want to take this O/T, just wanted to thank @Bob. I've had my eye out for something like this. :)

waiting

Bumping this in advance of today's session, FWIW.

Hope they'll have the sound on, this time. :(

Me, too -- but so far, it is not looking good. I can hear the Muzak on the phone but still no audio from the computer. Plus an operator just came on saying the event would begin momentarily.

I sent another email to cfsac, posing the question.

mango

Here's the email reply I received just now:

"We tried but could not do this. We were told last week by Verizon that it was available, but turns out we were misinformed. Next webinar we will have it available.

Our apologies.The audio version will be archived, as will be the slides."

Bob

Here's the email reply I received just now:

"We tried but could not do this. We were told last week by Verizon that it was available, but turns out we were misinformed. Next webinar we will have it available.

Our apologies.The audio version will be archived, as will be the slides."
Thanku mango...
At least the audio recording will be made available. That's actually better for me than having to listen to a live broadcast for 10 hours.

dancer

Any other testimonies posted anywhere? Anyone listen in? Any other tidbits? I checked twitter and didn't see much. I didn't try listening in with the phone - felt too difficult today... I know the lack of webinar audio was a problem, but I was hoping for a bit of news. :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I just received this email from CFSAC but I've no idea why - I couldn't hear any of the meeting so I don't know what it refers to.

CFSAC said:
As follow-up to the May 18, 2016 CFSAC webinar, the following information is being provided by FDA.

On March 8, 2016, a Pharmacy Compounding Advisory Committee meeting was held. D-ribose was discussed at the meeting and was nominated for inclusion on the section 503A bulk drug substances list for use in compounding for use in the treatment of heart disease and ME/CFS.

A link to the 2016 Meeting Materials for the Pharmacy Compounding Advisory Committee meeting is below:

http://www.fda.gov/AdvisoryCommitte...acyCompoundingAdvisoryCommittee/ucm486094.htm