• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFSAC Spring 2012 announced

Nielk

Here are the CFSAC meeting dates June 13 & Jun 14 and it will be webcasthttp://www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs/advcomcfs-cfsacmeeting.html
If you want to sign up, please email now. Slots fill up very fast!
cfsac@hhs.gov

justinreilly

Thanks.

I have sent them a testimony letter, attached.

What has HHS done for M.E. lately? Nothing

(1) Retract Reeves CFS Criteria now!
CDCs fake CFS definition is still being used in CDC studies, years after it has been
shown in the literature to be patently invalid.

(2) Fund ME (CFS) now!
NIH funds ME at $3M per year (while claiming to spend $6M per year). ME must
be funded commensurate with its severe impact on 1 million Americans. Fund ME at an
appropriate $300M per year!

(3) Replace Elizabeth Unger now!
The CDC CFS Program Director must be replaced with someone who is willing and
able to address ME properly! (e.g. Prof. Anthony Komaroff, MD, Judy Mikovits, PhD, Paul
Cheney, MD, PhD, Derek Enlander, MD, Prof. Charles Lapp, MD etc.)

1 million ME patients are counting on CFSAC to ensure that the abomination that has
been HHS treatment of ME for the last three decades comes to an end. Please help us! Act
boldly and swiftly! Anything else would be inappropriate.

I have been sending this message to a long list of HHS officials a couple of times a week for a few months now. Haven't had any response.

Attachments

• ME-LettertestimonytoCFSACJune132012meeting-redactedcopy.pdf
    80.7 KB · Views: 18