• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFSAC Meeting Scheduled for January 13, 2015

Wally

The next meeting of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee will be held
via conference call on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 from 1:00-3:00 pm (ET). The
meeting agenda and call-in information will be posted on the CFSAC website:
http://www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs/index.html.

This call will be open to the public. Individuals who want to make public
comments should send their request to cfsac@hhs.gov<mailto:cfsac@hhs.gov> by
Wednesday, January 7, 2015.

Wally

A two hour CFSAC meeting in January? This is odd. I bet this has to do with the "rolling out" of the IOM and P2P.

This call will be open to the public. Individuals who want to make public
comments should send their request to cfsac@hhs.gov<mailto:cfsac@hhs.gov> by
Wednesday, January 7, 2015.

For a two hour meeting, I wonder how much time will be allowed for public comment????:thumbdown:

Ember

Meeting of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee
Only testimony submitted for public comment and received by January 7, 2015, will be part of the official meeting record and posted to the CFSAC Web site....

The Committee welcomes input from anyone who wishes to provide public comment on any topic being addressed by the Committee. However, the Committee is particularly interested in receiving comments during the upcoming meeting on the draft report from the National Institute of Health's Pathways to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome meeting.

Hope123

There is concern that comments submitted to the NIH P2P panel will not be retained in the public record. That is, we will not be able to read the comments of others nor will the public (e.g. media, etc.) have access to those comments in the future.

Thus, I encourage everyone to submit a copy of what they plan to send to NIH P2P to CFSAC as well at cfsac@hhs.gov since whatever is sent to CFSAC, by the laws of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, have to be available publicly.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
There is concern that comments submitted to the NIH P2P panel will not be retained in the public record. That is, we will not be able to read the comments of others nor will the public (e.g. media, etc.) have access to those comments in the future.

Thus, I encourage everyone to submit a copy of what they plan to send to NIH P2P to CFSAC as well at cfsac@hhs.gov since whatever is sent to CFSAC, by the laws of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, have to be available publicly.

I think you should repost that on the main P2P thread, if you haven't already. :)

Wally

See, Reply #558 at http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-p2p-draft-report-is-out.34480/page-28 for the current status of the request to the Office of Disease Prevention (ODP) for clarification on whether or not public comments to the P2P Draft Report and the P2P Workshop will be retained and available for public review.

Nielk

The agenda for the January 13thCFSAC webinar is attached and below.

Agenda

CFSAC 2015 Conference Call

1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (ET)

January 13, 2015

1:00 p.m.

Call to Order

Roll Call

Opening Remarks

Webinar Logistics

Susan M. Levine, M.D.

Chair

Barbara F. James, M.P.H.

Senior Public Health Advisor

1:15 p.m.

Public Comment

1:45 p.m.

Pathways to Prevention (P2P) Working Group Presentation on Comments for P2P Report

Donna M. Pearson

Chair

2:05 p.m.

Committee Discussion/Decision

2:50 p.m.

Recap of Final Decisions and Next Steps

Susan M. Levine, M.D.

Chair

3:00 pm

Adjourn

Nielk

OS OPHS CFSAC (HHS/OPHS)

To CFSAC-L@LIST.NIH.GOV

Jan 9 at 4:22 PM

Call-in Information for Upcoming CFSAC Teleconference

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET

1-888-928-9122

Participant passcode: 9898494

For security reasons, the passcode will be required to join the conference.
Restrictions may exist when accessing toll free numbers using a mobile telephone.

Thank you,

Nielk

Jeannette Burmeister sent the following e-mail to CFSAC: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...working-group-p2p-document.34896/#post-544827

Dear Ms. James,

I heard that the CFSAC P2P Working Group had prepared a document for official submission regarding P2P to be discussed at the upcoming CFSAC meeting and that this report was heavily edited by HHS before being sent to the full committee. Is that true? If it is, then I believe the public should see both the original Working Group document prior to HHS’s editing and the document that went to the full committee.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
Jeannette Burmeister

Denise

Will anybody be reporting from the meeting? (curious...)

The meeting is just a teleconference.
I don't know if people will be tweeting.
One concern is that the committee will be discussing a document that none of the rest of us can see as there is no visual for this meeting. Makes it difficult to follow changes and track what they agree to.

Nielk

They named about 11 people who are on the P2P working group:
Levine, Collier, Cook, Fletcher, Pearson, Friedman, Perry, Friedberg and 3 more