August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Cfs not viral based treatment

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Pink, Feb 8, 2018.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Many drs can say your hormones are within normal range, not necessarily optimal. One example is dhea, optimal is when its in the upper third of the normal range and similar with cortisol . Its possible that dhea and cortisol are in the low end of normal and it can effect your energy levels yet your dr can say they are fine. Its just something worth looking into and maybe try optimum hormone levels.

Sancar, pattismith and Pink like this.
  2. Pink

Pink Senior Member

Tri state area
    Hip, I see Dr shoemaker is no longer in practice. How do I find a Dr familiar with his protocol and testing?

3. Hip

Hip Senior Member

There is a list of Shoemaker trained doctors here.

Sancar and Pink like this.
  4. Pink

Pink Senior Member

Tri state area
    Thank u

5. lllamamom

lllamamom

Wow--thank you. I'm on 1000 mg once a day. Thankfully, it seems to be helping.

Question: you say, Hip, that it takes 2 years of treatment? Does that mean staying on valacyclovir the entire time? Where can I find these protocols, to present to my starting-to-accept-the-idea doctor?

I take high--prescription strength--probiotics to counteract the tummy effects and gut effects, apparently successfully.

6. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Yes, it involves staying on Valtrex all the time. Dr Lerner used Valtrex 1000 mg four times daily, though other ME/CFS doctors use lower doses. Famvir can be used instead of Valtrex, and Famvir is better tolerated.

If you just have active EBV infection, and are taking Valtrex for it, then Dr Lerner's clinical trial showed you get major improvements after around 1 year. Whereas for Valcyte (which is used when patients have active HHV-6 or cytomegalovirus), then the improvements take a little longer, 1 to 2 years.

You can see a summary of Dr Lerner's clinical trial results in this post.

MastBCrazy and Mel9 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.