• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS article in Australian newspaper

barbc56

It's my understanding the me/cfs is a lifelong condition which makes me wonder if he did indeed have cfs/me. I may be wrong about that. Anyone know if this is indeed true? Maybe I always just assumed that this is lifelong?

There were some good points, though.

Valentijn

It's my understanding the me/cfs is a lifelong condition which makes me wonder if he did indeed have cfs/me. I may be wrong about that. Anyone know if this is indeed true? Maybe I always just assumed that this is lifelong?

The generally used figure I've seen for adults is 5% real recovery rate. But there are also people that recover to the level of functioning they had before getting sick for X number of years, then have a relapse.