Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

CFRSC+OMF 2nd Community Symposium registration!

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by Ben H, Jul 9, 2018 at 11:36 AM.

1. Ben H

Ben H OMF Correspondent

U.K.
    Hi guys,

Exciting and important info for registration (and livestream) of the 2nd CFSRC+OMF Community Symposium :)

[​IMG]

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Research Center at Stanford University
    Second Annual Community Symposium on the Molecular Basis of ME/CFS

Sponsored by Open Medicine Foundation

Saturday, September 29, 2018
    Come hear from our amazing team in person!
    A unique opportunity to learn from and interact with these world-class scientists.

Visit Community Symposium for event details.

This exciting symposium will follow our collaborative team meeting of world-renowned scientists.

This year our collaborative team meeting will be expanded to three days. The first two days will allow for in-depth scientific discussion of recent ME/CFS research results. On the third day we will establish collaborations and discuss the most effective path forward to
    expedite ME/CFS research.

At the Community Symposium, the scientists will update patients and any interested members of the public on our progress towards understanding the molecular basis of ME/CFS and our plans for the future.

Only together can we solve this incredibly complex and horrific disease.
    Please register as soon as possible! Space is limited. Registration closes September 15, 2018.

We look forward to seeing you there!

[​IMG]

Register Here.

Event Details:
    Where:
    PAUL BREST HALL
    Stanford University
    555 Salvatierra Way
    Palo Alto, CA

Schedule:
    Symposium: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
    Reception to follow closing program
    (The conference will be livestreamed for those unable to attend. Livestream registration will be available soon.)

Thanks,

B

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) @AshleyHalcyoneH @marilynbsg

Sing, Laurie P, Neunistiva and 10 others like this.
  2. raghav

raghav Senior Member

India
    Sorry if it sounds rude. One year back I had high hopes on OMF. But now ....:bang-head:

3. wingate

wingate

What a stellar line-up!

Looking forward to it.

Gemini, Ben H and Gingergrrl like this.
  4. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I still have very high hopes for them and they truly have the dream-team of scientists, doctors and researchers. I wish them the best for an amazing conference.

Sing, nandixon, ljimbo423 and 3 others like this.
  5. Ben H

Ben H OMF Correspondent

U.K.
    Would you care to elaborate in any way possible? I don’t understand to be frank.

A 2nd Symposium from a team relying solely (apart from the recent NIH for T Cell research grant) on donations with such a team of amazing scientists is a rather amazing achievement in itself, let alone the continuing wide breadth of research that is taking place due to people’s continuing donations.

Thanks,

B

Sing, Pera, nandixon and 4 others like this.
  6. dreampop

dreampop Senior Member

Last year was the highlight of the ME/CFS part of my life. Gonna be hard to top that guest list, though! I'm hopeful we'll get deeper insights this year.

I still have high hopes for the OMF, but I've been sick a long time and am realistic about how these things take, sadly, a lot of time.

Ben H and Neunistiva like this.

See more popular forum discussions.