• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFI Spinal Fluid study from Lipkin and Hornig is out.

halcyon

"Our results indicate a markedly disturbed immune signature in the cerebrospinal fluid of cases that is consistent with immune activation in the central nervous system, and a shift toward an allergic or T helper type-2 pattern associated with autoimmunity." - Sexy.
They left room on the table for both hypothesis.

Although increased CSF CCL11 and CXCL10 levels in ME/CFS subjects, along with dysregulation of IL1 signaling, suggest the possibility of an allergic process in central compartments,49,50 such patterns may also be seen in a wide range of CNS infections.

wastwater

I saw an article on eosinophils t cells and il-2 and il-15,not sure if this is relevant or of interest but here it is
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM200005253422104
Extra idea : Lame T cells leading to lots of IL-2,to get the t cells working,under viral load.
The side effects of il-2 could explain the symptoms of ME/cfs I always wondered

Last edited: