• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CellTrend test for ME/CFS (Prof. Dr. Carmen Scheibenbogen, University Hospital Charite Berlin, etc.)

jimmy86

A word of caution:

I just talked to a German doctor who had used cell trend to test his patients. Apparently, he got very different results for the same patient if they were tested multiple times. He thinks the test is crap (not testing for these auto-antibodies in general, but this specific test.)

Gingergrrl

A word of caution:

I just talked to a German doctor who had used cell trend to test his patients. Apparently, he got very different results for the same patient if they were tested multiple times. He thinks the test is crap (not testing for these auto-antibodies in general, but this specific test.)

I have also been told this by another patient recently (not someone from PR) who is incredibly smart and able to compare the different types of assays used as well.

In my own case (for whatever it's worth?!) I did the Cell Trend testing twice and got the same results. The first was sent in by me and the second by my doctor. So the blood was from two different samples that were several months apart and sent from two different locations and not certain the technician at Cell Trend even knew it was the same person. For me, I was positive on seven of the nine autoantibodies both times.

But other than that, I cannot vouch for the testing!