• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CELLTREND Antibodies - help

Hi,

I have POTS, EDS and CFS(milder than a lot of people but the fatigue is bad)

I am looking to send my blood to Celltrend In Germany for all the testing they do for POTS etc.

Can someone tell me, who's done this, do you need to have the serum tube, where the centrifuged blood goes to be sterile or non-sterile?

I have the person ready to take my blood so I just need to figure out this final question, I have emailed Celltrend but taking a while to respond!

Thank you :)

Learner1

I don't know, but my blood was drawn at the Open Medicine Clinic in Mountain View, CA, so I'd think they would be able to tell you. However, it might be preferable to get the info from CellTrend as they are the ones running the test.

junkcrap50

I have POTS, EDS and CFS(milder than a lot of people but the fatigue is bad)

Off topic, but I recommend to everyone who has POTS and EDS to research The Driscoll Theory. I'm not recommending it per se, but just like sharing the info so people stumble across it. She was able to largely reverse and control her EDS and POTS. Personally, I don't have EDS or POTS, but her recommendations did cure my mild autonomic dysfunction (enlarged pupils, high blood pressure).

Gingergrrl

Can someone tell me, who's done this, do you need to have the serum tube, where the centrifuged blood goes to be sterile or non-sterile?

Sorry for my confusion but if you had your blood drawn by a lab, wouldn't the serum tube be considered sterile (if it was a legitimate lab)? I would assume that Cell Trend would want the blood sample to be sterile.

Lisa108

I looked up Celltrend's homepage. On this page about CFS and POTS diagnostics there are links called 'sample preparation and logistics'. The link is leading you to a pdf in which the required tubes are shown. Please make sure you're adding a frozen coolpack, it's really hot in Germany right now.

Yeah it had to be sterile, got hold of one! I got 24 hour delivery and its going over night so will be cooler so hope its all good.