• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CD57 is 18

vortex

my CD57 is 18, is anyone out there lower or can someone share their numbers?

I just got diagnosed and I am trying to get a better idea how bad things are for me and my prognosis

Martial

I think mine was 21 or so at the lowest point. It isn't really a strong indicator of symptom severity or where you are at in illness supposedly, just that the immune system is a bit disarrayed due to any kind of long term infection, or other issues affecting it. They also use it as part of a clinical Lyme diagnosis as per evidence of certain LLLMDs.

The lowest I have seen mine was 7 and since then it has gotten as high as 50, but I don't really notice any difference in my symptoms. I am still able to work full time (although it is a huge struggle) and have been told that it will takes years to get better.

I'd be interested in knowing where CD57 levels are at in patients that are bed bound or can't walk.

Some interesting observation regarding CD57 here: http://www.ilads.org/media/boston/slides/savely/savely.html

roxie60

My cd57 1.5 years ago was 55 and I was very ill! Could no longer work and bedridden couch ridden with so mang symps. Just had my cd57 retested last week and I am now 64 or 68, cant recall (can you tell memory still bad). I have been on antibiotics for a year and I have seen improvements from pretreatment.

Just had my cd57 retested last week and I am now 64 or 68, cant recall (can you tell memory still bad). I have been on antibiotics for a year and I have seen improvements from pretreatment.

Interesting. Did you have your C4a tested as well?