• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CBSA360A, General Questions, Excess Ammonia, Excess Sulfur Symptoms?

Hello everyone,
This is my first post so I just wanted to give a little background on me while posting.

I'm fairly new to researching SNP's, etc since I have been diagnosed with CFS a little over a year ago. My 23andme results are in my signature.

My health history is pretty uneventful besides having chronic tight neck and shoulders since I was a teenager, diagnosed Hypothyroid 7 years ago with adrenal fatigue, and low energy for the last 20 years that varies.

The last 2 years have been rough with physical aches and pains and this past year has been hell. I finally discovered genetic testing 6 months ago after I had my breast implants removed for good, which I feel were contributing to my poor health, despite pretty normal blood tests.

My most recent blood test shows I am below low on my RDW levels (12.1) and high on MCV levels (97).
My B12 is 1765.
Potassium shows below low on hair analysis, but 4.4 on blood test.
Iron Serum is 130
Ferritin is 98

I am gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free.

Since last month I am supplementing with
2000 mcg of Methyl B12
400mcg of Methyl Folate
50mg of B6 P-5-P form
SAMe (on and off)
TMG
NAC
B1

This is in addition to my daily supplements of Omega 3, D3, Calcium, Magnesium, Chromium and Vit C.

Hair analysis shows I am very low on Lithium, Chromium, Strontium, Phosphorus, Cobalt, and copper is a little on the low side (13), although zinc is almost too high (210).

I didn't have any adverse reactions from the methyl supplements, until 3 weeks into the supplementic I got WAY more exhausted and listless. I just would lie around the house all day. Very deep depression, very weak. Just merely existing... Until, I found some posts on Freddd's protocol and took the advice of making sure I got adequate potassium. That's what I needed! Within 2 days of downing coconut water, eating bananas and taking a potassium supplement, I have gotten almost all of my energy back.

So things are going well except for my neck and shoulders (traps) being unbelievably tight. Nothing will tame the stiffness, not even massages. I am now trying to tweak my diet because per my mutations, several show I produce high ammonia and not enough NO, and I am also homozygous in CBS A360A.

That makes sense because I am deathly allergic to sulfa drugs or antibiotics and I don't feel so well after I eat eggs. I usually feel lethargic after eating them, and my hair analysis test shows high sulfur (49200 out of 5000 max).

I am getting some mixed information on my CBS issue and sulfur issue. Nutrahacker recommends I eat Broccoli and Cabbage as well as supplement with Sulforaphane. Some diets recommend to stay away from foods high in Thiols, and regular high sulfur food lists say it's okay to eat certain foods that are high on the Thiols list. Not sure which way to go? I guess I should just gauge how I react to certain foods. It's exhausting because I feel I am running out of food to eat.

Can any of these SNP's be contributing to my chronic, tight upper back and neck? What do you suggest I supplement with for the high ammonia and high sulfur issue? Should I focus on a low thiols food list or a low sulfur food list?

Thank you all, I'm very grateful for this group.

Valentijn

Can any of these SNP's be contributing to my chronic, tight upper back and neck? What do you suggest I supplement with for the high ammonia and high sulfur issue?
No, those CBS SNPs cannot cause problems. They do not result in ammonia or sulfur issues.