• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CBD OIL... Anyone tried it? It's legal now.

ChrisD

Thanks @SmokinJoeFraz93 @erin @leela I hope it works for me too! This may have been discussed before on PR but is there reason to believe that genetics and the ennocannibinoid pathways could play a role in people responding to CBD or not responding? i Have SNPs on: ABP1/DAO H664A CNR1 G88871049A CNR1 T88858723C CNR2 T24221834G DAO G109284478T FUT2 G12758A VDR G48286015A

perrier

I love CBD. For me it keeps inflammation levels down by a whole lot--but in my case it is cumulative so it takes 4-6 weeks for it to kick in
and I have to stay on it. Hope it works for you!
What's the best place to get non toxic CBD in Canada. Have letter from Doctor.

SmokinJoeFraz93

Whether cannabidiol (CBD), a non-psychoactive cannabinoid from the cannabis plant, might have benefits for ME/CFS is debatable.

THC shifts the immune response from Th1 towards Th2 (ref: here), and this is not good for ME/CFS (in ME/CFS you want to shift the immune response towards away from Th2 and towards Th1). CBD may also shift the immune response towards Th2 (ref: here).

However, CBD is a potent anti-psychotic (ref: here) with an excellent safety profile, and so may be useful for ME/CFS patients or generalized anxiety disorder patients that sometimes experience some psychosis-type symptoms.

(Ironically, THC, the psychoactive compound in the cannabis plant, has potent psychosis-inducing effects, but when THC and CBD is are taken together when cannabis is smoked, the anti-psychosis effects of CBD seem to cancel out the pro-psychosis effects of THC. This may explain why smoking "skunk" cannabis plants that are bred for high THC and low CBD is occasionally associated with precipitating psychosis.)

Cannabidiol (CBD) has anti-cancer effects, especially for breast cancer.

You can buy pure CBD oil, which has no psychoactive effects at all, completely legally here:

Dew Drops Hemp Oil Supplement - Dixie Botanicals Hemp Oil Supplements

You can also buy a specially bred cannabis plant seed called Avidekel, which produces a cannabis plant with very high CBD, and minimal THC:

New CBD-Rich Strain ‘Avidekel’, Sets New Medicinal Standards with 15.8% CBD & 1% THC

But these Avidekel seeds are very expensive at $320:

Avidekel high cbd marijuana seeds - $320.00

So this is why I’ve been in bed for 2 days vomiting. I can’t find no research anywhere, and I knew my gut reaction was because of the cannabis.

It was helping too

I just tried CBD + THC delta 9 gummies for the first time. Not a good experience! A few giggles and then a spiral dive. I felt truly sick for about 36 hours.

Guessing the dose of delta 9 THC was a bad idea. I smoked in college ages ago and quit when it became more negative than positive. Doesn't appear my sensitivity has reset. Just a full-blown thankfully short flare-up. Yuck!

It did help me stay asleep, but I was a mess in the morning (early afternoon in my case).

pattismith

I took CBD at 13h00 and got a terrible headache for more than 6 hours. not sure I will ever try it again!

cheeseater

Often CBD products have no THC to be "legal." Funny thing about the therapeutic effects of CBD is that those effects only occur in people that also have some THC in their system. Whenever you see a story on kids with seizures they always are talking about using low THC and high CBC/CBN strains, but never zero THC preparations.

On reefer in general, the old saying is that if it does not make you paranoid it (the reefer) is no good.

Basic scheme on reefer is that Sativa strains are good for activity and not being so sleep inducing, while Indica strains are good for getting to sleep or calming down. Beyond just sative or indica, certain strains are known to produce specific repeatable effects. As example, the blueberry strains are known to provoke lots of talking and discussion in a group, and (of course) making those discussions to seem very funny.