• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

cartilage problems/osteoarthritis

Cindi

Hi all
I started having osteoarthritis type attack. My knees are in problem. I am in great pain when I try to sit down,sit up or climb stairs.I am quite scared as I have noone to take care of me and don't have much time and energy to search for treatment options. I can not exercise,have some massage therapy regularly which did not prevent this from happening. I can not use prescription medication as I am sensitive to drugs.Md said there was cartilage problem and also some calcification at knees.Anyone have this problem?How do you handle it? I guess I will have to use joint support supplements. Would glucosamine help?Which type is better?Hcl,sulfate or n-acetyl?Do I need to take chondroitin? MSM?Would you think this might be related to gut problems?Food intolerances?Any help will be highly appreciated?