• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

can't get zinc/copper levels up

xrunner

@matters
With viral, bacterial etc infections it's the toxins they produce that make you ill. You only get better by removing the source. With mold I have not experience other than I'm allergic to it but I assume that first, you also need to remove the source or exposure to these microorganisms.

Well sure, it's a viscous cycle really.

Although, in my case I don't think I had any infections initially, pretty darn healthy. Although not a good methylation profile genetically, mthr 6677t homozygous, when i got exposed to mold the mycotoxins gummed up my whole system, the infections came on as a result. Example, if you leave the trash out long enough the bugs will come.

But yea i agree, once you are infected the toxins occur intrinsically as well. And since toxins suppress the immune system I think it's best to try to sequester toxins first before going after the bugs. I draw on personal experience from this logic and from what I've read as well.

Case in point. I was rifing daily with the help of a kinesiologist for months and got nowhere with the bugs. It wasn't until I started detoxing and binding toxins the bug load became much less without even targeting them per se'

Last edited: