• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cannabis and ME in the UK

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

barbc56

OMG! What a horrible story. I wonder how many women were stopped who hadn't broken the law.

It makes perfect sense that when you are stopped by someone wearing a gun that you would be able to talk politely. Provided you would even be able to talk at all.

I really hope this was a slip of the tongue or the quote taken out of context but it doesn't appear to be so. What a shame.

It's recommended and supposedly accepted by law enforcement officials, that if you are being followed by a police car trying to pull you over and you don't feel you are in a safe place, turn on your car's emergency lights, wave your arm out the window to acknowledge you see him or her and drive slowly to a place where you feel safer, even if it's the nearest police station. If it's an unmarked car with lights flashing, do the same thing and call 911 to see if it is in fact a police officer that is trying to pull you over. Actually, you can call 911 in either situation.

But how many of us are able to think clearly in a situation like this where you are most likely focusing on why you are being pulled over, never thinking you might be putting yourself in danger.

Yet, again, it's the victim's fault.:mad:

Barb

SilverbladeTE

SERIOUS WARNING TO UK FOLK
Lot of the stuff on streets is cut with toxic substances, especially hash
The scumare cutting it with vinyl and even bin bags
Not scare tales, real
So beware

That is I bet why theresw health problems for some users, jeesh, no wonder!
Long since time it was legalized, fed up with hypocrisy, alcohol kills vastly more folk, vastly more social harm than heroin, yet heroin is illegal but booze isnt...omg
Cannabis in ingested form is one of the lowest risk drugs there is
Would love to try it, havent been able to relax.in a dozen years and pain is getting brutal

jimells

Are you sure they were looking for drugs?

Yup. The cop even had a drug dog in the front seat of the cruiser. I forgot to mention, when I was stopped the cop told me to get out and sit in the back seat of his car, a most unusual procedure for a traffic stop. I left the cop car door open, of course - I certainly wasn't going to voluntarily lock myself in.

Interstate 40 is a major east-west divided highway that runs from the west coast (California) nearly to the east coast. Apparently it is a popular highway for transporting illegal drugs, and the cops would rather steal it than buy it.

I sure do hate living in a fascist country.

jimells

Here in Colorado, people with Colorado license plates are being "license plate profiled" and stopped for bogus reasons by the cops when they drive to adjoining states that haven't lifted prohibition...yet.

This reminds me of a ruckus between Massachusetts and New Hampshire some years ago. New Hampshire is famous for its state liquor stores just over the border from Massachusetts. The stores even have their own on and off ramps for the interstate. The prices are lower than Massachusetts, so people stock up on their way home after spending the weekend in the mountains of New Hampshire.

Well naturally Massachusetts doesn't like this very much, since it cuts into the state tax revenue. They posted Mass. state cops in the NH liquor store parking lots to watch for Mass residents who were loading up with cheaper booze.

NH retaliated by arresting the Mass cops for trespassing. That must've been a hoot.

jimells

It's recommended and supposedly accepted by law enforcement officials, that if you are being followed by a police car trying to pull you over and you don't feel you are in a safe place, turn on your car's emergency lights, wave your arm out the window to acknowledge you see him or her and drive slowly to a place where you feel safer, even if it's the nearest police station.
Then one is at risk of being arrested for evading the police.

I've had a number of bad experiences with the police over the years. So many of them have the attitude that we (as in civilians) are the enemy. This is encouraged by the leadership. Cops love nothing better than dressing up in soldier gear and playing with their toys, especially since civilians are not likely to fight back, although of course that happens sometimes.

Here's a link to a story about a small outdoor music festival I attended a while back. It was raided by the cops, all dressed in camo, even face paint and mosquito netting. They were carrying shotguns and automatic weapons for "crowd control". I asked one of them why he was raiding a peaceful family event. His response was the classic "I'm just following orders". When I pointed out that's what the Nazis said, he wouldn't talk to me anymore LOL.

The tactical team was called in, he said, because of reports that a major drug dealer of Ecstasy and cocaine "was holed up behind the tire pile armed with a .357-caliber Magnum and a 9 millimeter pistol." The man was not located, he said.

This is a complete fabrication. I know because I was right there at the tire pile when the cops started coming out of the woods. Honest to god. Instead of driving up the road like normal people, these goons were sneaking through the woods surrounding the festival site like they're on patrol in Vietnam.

Last edited: