• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Candida Symptoms and Testing

AndrewB

I visited a site that explained the various problems that people get when they develop an overload of Candida.
The symptom list is pretty much the precise list of symptoms i get.
I took the spit test and it came out just as they said a Candida sufferes would.
I juat wanted to ask if anyone else has took the spit test, and also has that same list of symptoms
as are described in the following link.

http://www.stopyeast.com/candida-symptoms.html

So, in short, im looking for people here who HAVE taken the spit test, and also HAVE 3 quarters or more of the
symptoms that are present in the table of symptoms in the link i provided.
Apparently this fungus is rarely clinically diagnosed, because it's so good at hiding in the human body.
Additional recent studies also claim this nasty fungus as being the primary cause of cancer, which just
happens to be another main stay in long term M/E patients.

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
I question how accurate the spit test is. I've had Candida blood tests twice and both times I tested positive for Candida antibodies, IgG, IgM, and IgA. Especially IgA. I also have the telltale white film on my tongue, so I KNOW I have Candida. But I wanted to try the spit test anyway, out of curiosity.

When I took the spit test, I found the results to be inconclusive...or maybe the correct term is "equivocal." The water got somewhat cloudy but not as described in the test instructions. I wasn't certain how to interpret the results

It just occurred to me that I should repeat the experiment alongside a "control" subject--that being my wife, who does NOT have systemic candida. I'll compare our results and get back to you.

Jenny

Hi Andrew

Yes, I've taken the spit test - negative. And yes I have about 75% of the symptoms listed. Most of them are typical ME symptoms.

I've treated assumed candida in many ways over the years, with no improvement.

Arguments about the candida link to ME have been pretty much abandoned. A lot was made of this in the 1980s. But it seems clear that some people with ME do also have candida. There's been a lot of discussion about this on this forum - trying doing a search for posts.

Jenny

mellster

Marco
Honestly - and I had an episode of candida that got out of control some time ago and was even recognized byt a conventional doc as it was found in the esophagus - the symptoms listed are close enough to all major symptoms combined for any illness out there. Statistically I bet it is insignificant as likely as many people who don't have candida would say they have quite a few of those symptoms as those who will test positive. And I think I have seen candida sites that list 2 or 3 times the amount of symptoms listed on this one :)

AndrewB

i called and spoke with the main clinic trreating candida for cancer and fatigue illness.
they asked if id already tried any treatment, i havent so i told them this.
they were pleased to hear this, and told me not to only try proibotics alone,
as that wont cure anything.
they informed me that to completely kill candida in the body, one must go on a course
of alkaline treatment.
so, has anyone here been on a course of regulated alkaline treatment for candida?
since ive tested postive for candida, ill be taking the course in order to get rid of the
inbalance in any case, and if it helps my M/E symptoms even in a mild way, i'll be in touch.

mellster

Marco
Yeah, keep us updated how it goes. The whole alkaline-theory is very controversial but if it helps it's good :) Also you know you can simply take nystatin for candida (maybe even in addition), it usually gets rid of it and has an excellent safety profile.

ukxmrv

Andrew,

Good luck with this approach.

A while back there was a poster who had enormous success with his CFS symptoms by treating for Candida but I think he may have used the anti-fungal drugs.

In the 80's there was a book by a Dr Crook (!) who claimed that Candida was behind lots of diseases. It became fashionable for a while to treat ME patients with diet, anti-fungals drugs and supplements. My local ME support group tried this as we had a sympathetic doctor but none of us had any real help or resolution with our ME symptoms although signs of Candida did clear up (i.e. thrush).

ramakentesh

Candida was the first of the explain CFS theoris that came out late 80s, early 90s. Like adrenal fatigue and similar non-diagnosis they are offering answers to illnesses that conventional medicine cannot (at least at that stage) explain.

The problem is that patients that have actually suffered from systemic candidiasis - such as AIDS patients - never report CNS or neurological symptoms. The second problem is that most people who eat a western high sugar diet probably have excessive yeast activity, yet most dont have or develop CFS or ME. The third problem is that recent research - often fantastically analysed and collated by Cort from this website - demonstrates that there are other factors at play that are suggesting an entirely different etiology in many cases - this time supported by credible, peer reviewed medical research rather than websites and speculation.

Candida as a causal etiology behind CFS and ME isnt supported by the medical establishment because there arent any credible research studies that support it.