• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Canary/Unrest To Premiere at Sundance Film Festival 1/19/17!

Jenny TipsforME

Amazing achievement! I find it inspiring to witness how if you work bit by bit and spoon by spoon you can create a future which isn't a continuation of our present. a few years ago a ME film at Sundance would have sounded crazy, but Jen Brea has reached for the impossible and made it possible.

Accept no limitations! well apart from pacing ones and limited spoons and no independence to leave the house or stand up for long... Even with these severe restrictions we can do things with high impact.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Oops, just created a duplicate thread on this, which I'll ask to be deleted.

Very much looking forward to seeing this and finding out how we can leverage it for the good of PWME worldwide.

Unrest said:
Unrest has been selected as one of the highly anticipated narrative documentaries to receive a world premiere at The Sundance Film Festival at the Sundance resort in Utah, USA in January 19-29th 2017, it was announced today.

Director Jennifer Brea was a journalist and academic studying for a PhD at Harvard. Months before her wedding, she became progressively ill, losing the ability to even sit in a wheelchair. When told by her doctor it was “all in her head,” her response was to start filming from her bed, gradually deploying crews globally to document the world inhabited by millions of patients that medicine forgot.

Unrest tells the story of Jen and Omar, newlyweds facing the unexpected, and the four extraordinary M.E. patients that Jen meets throughout her journey, in the United States, UK and Denmark. Together, they explore how to make a life of meaning when everything changes. The film is a feat of disability filmmaking, made with an international team and using innovative technologies to allow the bedbound, disabled director to travel the world and film as if she’s in the room...

Read the rest at:

http://www.unrest.film/blog/2016/11...emiere-at-sundance-film-festival-january-2017