The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Jody, Sep 17, 2014.

1. *GG*

*GG* senior member

Concord, NH
    Stories like this piss me off! If the gov't had not failed more than a generation of patients, this would be MUCH less likely to happen! Perhaps we would be viewed like cancer patients or MS, we need support and understanding, besides a TON of good research, we need REAL treatments now!!

GG

2. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Alex

Those situations are so hard. I can't count the number of times I had to excuse myself from the group in my own living room, to go to my bedroom. Door in the hallway between us had to be closed to keep all sound reaching me to a bare minimum.

This has been heartbreaking for you. I am sorry to hear it.

alex3619 likes this.
  3. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    PurpleHaze

If it wasn't for the internet I would not have been able to see my newest grandchild growing up for her first 10 months so far. My brother and his family, and my husband's brother and wife have been able to see her in person but I can't make the trip because of CFS and because of the financial ramifications of CFS on top of that.

We are fortunate that my daughter and granddaughter will be coming to my area for a wedding in a couple of months.

I have other grandkids I haven't seen in 5 yrs and don't know when that will change. It will almost certainly be when they can come this way again.

I am sorry to hear of the rift between you and your daughter. There are few things so painful as that. I hope that it will heal -- it's amazing what enough time and the realizations that come with the passage of time can do.

See more popular forum discussions.