• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can we tolerate lidocane hydrocloride?

Countrygirl

I need an op on my eye and have been turned away by the hospital twice as they are twitchy about my reactions to medications including anaesthetics. I returned for the op again today.........and was about to climb on the operation table .........but the doctor clearly was reluctant to perform the procedure. When the doctor left, the nurse whispered the words 'fear of liability'..............perhaps they fear I would sue if I crashed as a result of the anaesthetic. The upshot was that I was again turned away. I was then asked if they can give me lidocane hydrocloride as a nerve block and they want the decision to be mine. So, I wondered if anyone knew whether this was likely to cause someone with ME problems, please?

Thanks.