• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can stem cell therapy be an option for our leaky gut,too?

SaraM

This blogger had this therapy for Crohn's disease .

http://mypsct.blogspot.com/

My name is Patrick Dement, I'm 20 years old, and I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 2001. Since then, I've tried every usual treatment, as well as alternative treatments and diet changes, and they either didn't work, didn't help enough, or stopped working. I flew to Chicago in March to be evaluated for a Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant at Northwestern. Dr. Burt, the Immunologist and head doctor running the transplants, and Dr. Craig, their gastroenterologist, decided I was eligible and accepted me for the transplant. The transplant team submitted my case to my insurance company and, after 2 months, they approved the transplant. I will be admitted to the hospital on August 16th to start the transplant process. I made this blog so other patients can learn about this as a treatment option, and ask any questions which I will do my best to answer or get the answer to, and so friends and family can keep up with me. I wouldn't have learned about the stem cell transplant were it not for another patient's blog about it, so I feel obligated to do the same.

Tito

My question would be: considering the high number of active infections we have at any one time, how are we going to survive between the destruction of our 'old' immune system and the activation of the 'new' one?

SaraM

In my case I have not been diagnosed with any active infection yet. I am now waiting for Dr.Montoya's pathogen study results, but based on my family history I don't think they find any thing wrong with me pathogen wise.

Dufresne

almost there...
I recall Cheney and/or KDM saying better than 90% of transplanted stem cells go right to the gut.

A friend of mine saw a dramatic improvement following a transplant done at the same clinic Cheney was taking patients. Gut issues played a part in her illness and is one of the few things she continues to treat on a daily basis. If she stops taking Mutaflor her gut immediately starts misbehaving.