• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

can neuro do anything to help that pcp/pain cant?

hurtingallthetimet

just worn out in every way...soemoene told hubby neurologist may help and ive seen one and was dianosed migranes...but pain doctor is great and prescribes migrane medicine so dont have to go to alot of doctors...

my short term memory horrible but long term really good....so just wondering what he might be able do for me....i dont have moeny to see a bunch of doctors or the energy...
thanks

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
If you were to go to a neurologist that specialized in sleep disorders they are very quick to order sleep studies to be done, which for almost all PWC is very abnormal. Sleep studies are not cheap though!!

Ocean

Depends what you're going to one for. I'm going to one and he is doing tests that aren't in the realm of what my other doctors would order so it's useful to me in that sense. If you want to be seen for cognitive issues (since you brought up memory) then maybe a neuropscyh person?

Tammy

Over the past 16 years I've seen approx. 6 different neurologists for different symptoms........they really did not help me in any way...sorry to say.

Valentijn

I only saw one neurologist, hoping to get my neurally mediated hypotension diagnosed. He was a complete jerk and wouldn't even examine me. I think neurologists that were looking for a life of glory are still peeved at getting stuck dealing with MS, and are taking it out on the new disease featuring "unexplained symptoms".

hurtingallthetimet

thnaks for replies...i dont like going to alot of doctors wears me out in so ,many ways...really like psych cause he doesnt make me go often he understands the phobias and stuff..really like regular doctor but last few times shes spent 4 to 8 mintues with me and last time really upset me had to leave qustions with nurse but at least they called back gonna start thread to ask about that stuff...so tired...hubby at least was able to poick up kid today and asked i just ride to keep him company...life is wearing me out!