Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

can IGG make one more sensitive to things?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by cb2, Sep 14, 2018.

1. cb2

cb2 Senior Member

I just had second infusion of Sub cutaneous IGG, yesterday. Today I felt my lungs, nose and eyes being reactive to somethings in the air that I am not usually as reactive too.

does this mean it could be MCAS? what are tests for that? will the immunologist I see know what to do about this?
    have others had any similar reactions? thank you

Misfit Toy and ebethc like this.
  2. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    IVIG flares up my mast cells. I would hate SCIG as I'd be fighting the symptoms all the time.

To cope with the IVIG, I get Solumedrol or dexamethasone and Benadryl, take cromolyn sodium, ketotifen, quercetin and curcumin, which all help calm my mast cells down. My symptoms last 3-4 days, then I'm fine until the next infusion

Judee likes this.
  3. cb2

cb2 Senior Member

I tried Iv igg last summer and had too many side effects. today (48 hours since infusion) i am alot less reactive. thank goodness. Maybe it was a fleeting side effect. or maybe it was / is the chemical sensitivity.. had some water damage mold issues in my closet and my apartment has been a mess since .. and the issue isnt' wholly resolved..at least according to me. but the owners say it is. I did get some exposure to some wood finsih on a little project i started and as strong paint..as part of an attmept to get closet back to some workable order.

today i decided to do nothing day. it has been a hectic and stressful few months where i live. need to let my nerves calm down.
    i may ask the immunologist on tuesday about MCAS and see what he says.

thanks for the tips on what to take that might help.. I did use the benedryl (makes me sleepy) and turmeric and i even tried the quercetin but maybe it needs to build up in the system for a while?

Learner1 likes this.
  4. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    Maybe. Quercetin is a known mast cell stabilizer. I take it every day, so perhaps it's built up to a critical level. I also find boswellia helps with CNS swelling...

5. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    I had a rash all over from IGG and also my throat closed up on it but I am a rare bird. I became very reactive to everything. Many do on IGG so you are not alone.

6. cb2

cb2 Senior Member

thank you . I too had a rash with the IVIGG. so far no rash from the cuvitru, 2 infusions down.

See more popular forum discussions.