• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can I split unscored Famvir?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I got my Famvir yesterday and I'm feeling pretty bad right now. Mild nausea, headache, and totally wrung out.

I would like to lower the dose to 125 mgs 2x/day but the tabs are not scored. I thought you shouldn't split something if it isn't scored.

Can I split them?

Mink

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
You're up late!

I'm feeling sick so I wonder if splitting a 250 mg and doing 125 mg twice a day would help or prolong the agony.
wouldnt hurt to try 125mg twice a day. Sounds like maybe famvir is hitting bugs the acyclovir wasnt getting. If it gets rough back down to dosing once a day for awhile if needed??

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
wouldnt hurt to try 125mg twice a day. Sounds like maybe famvir is hitting bugs the acyclovir wasnt getting. If it gets rough back down to dosing once a day for awhile if needed??

That's what I'm thinking to Heaps. All sorts of new little critters getting zapped. I can put up with a lot, I just hate nausea.

I took 250mgs this a.m. won't take any more today.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
ondansertron, spely wrong first time, anti nausea drug
Just googled it. It's not that bad. Just a tinge. Seems to be getting better.

I also just remembered I took some Senna last night and it was a different kind than I had before so maybe that is it. I'll see how the day goes.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Sparrowhawk ,

Thanks. My nausea is mostly better but this morning it wasn't severe at all. Just sort of there. The biggest problem I'm having is I"m in a total fog. I can barely open my eyes or think straight. I feel like I haven't slept for days.

Ugh, this is miserable.

mink

(did it cause drowsiness? I think most antiemtics knock you out)