• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can I get other places to interpret my 23andme results?

anniekim

I have just ordered a 23andme test and because they are still selling their tests I wrongly assumed nothing had changed despite the negotiations they are in with FDA. I had missed that 23andme now say they can offer the test for the raw data but can no longer offer any interpretation.

I ordered the test mainly because I want to see if I have the MTHFR mutation. I remember seeing on here that people were putting their raw data through some programs offered elsewhere. Is this still possible and if so can anyone share with me where these sites are?

Many thanks

EMilo

Elizabethmilo.com
I can't find the other thread with a list of sites to run raw data through. If anyone knows it, could you post the link here?

BFG

http://geneticgenie.org
Most people are running their 23andme raw data through this website for their methylation and detox status.

http://www.mthfrsupport.com
This is a more thorough analysis of detox, methlation, mitochondrial,immune etc.this one costs $20, but supports the website.

And there also is a program called promethease where you can input your raw data for interpretation of a lot of genes. I coudnt find it so you will have to search around for this one.

Aerose91

Mthfrsupport.com is much more comprehensive that genetic genie. If you want to dig as far as you can into genetic snp's or you have a doctor that wants to know, it's worth the $20

I have attached mine here so you can see what it shows

Attachments

• Jeff_Carrier_-_MTHFRSupport_Variant_Report_v1_-_95485156239869351.pdf
    140.7 KB · Views: 17