• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can Dr. Brewer's Protocol be ordered without a prescription?

MCRobbie

Hi Everyone,

I know Dr. Brewer's protocol has been discussed in previous threads but I have a slightly more specific question which is whether or not the spray combinations can be ordered somewhere without a prescription and also what type of nebulizer needs to be purchased for delivery. My understanding is that he is still treating patients with the Amphotericin/EDTA combination but for those who cannot tolerate that combination he is now using a Nystatin/EDTA combination for those patients. Is this accurate? And more importantly can either of these two solutions be ordered prescription free and if so from whom?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Forebearance

Hi MCRobbie,
Yes, I think that is still accurate. I have only heard of getting the Ampho B, Nystatin, and Chelating Rx through pharmacies, by prescription.

My regular doctor was comfortable prescribing me the Nystatin, using the ASL or TAG pharmacy that Dr. Brewer uses, and the NasaTouch areosolizing machine.

You could use a drop of Johnson's Baby Shampoo in saline solution as a gentler subsitute for the Chelating Rx, I have heard. It has some of the same ingredients.

Last edited:

MCRobbie

Thanks @forbearance. Ill start working for that prescription then and I did hear it was the ASL pharmacy. Great. Thank you!

Last edited:

Forebearance

Also, the lowest dose of Nystatin is 50,000 units (whatever the unit of measurement is for Nystatin). You can ask Ifish, but I think that is the dose that Dr. Brewer is prescribing.

Also, the lowest dose of Nystatin is 50,000 units (whatever the unit of measurement is for Nystatin). You can ask Ifish, but I think that is the dose that Dr. Brewer is prescribing.
I have been coughing fit two years. I am going to make DrBrewers formula myself I am going to use nystatin if my doctor won't prescribe it. Exposed to mold . Dr Shoemaker totally dissed it but nystatin is a very mild drug. I am done with waiting around.

Abha

Abha
I have been coughing fit two years. I am going to make DrBrewers formula myself I am going to use nystatin if my doctor won't prescribe it. Exposed to mold . Dr Shoemaker totally dissed it but nystatin is a very mild drug. I am done with waiting around.
Hi Sue,
Did you buy the nystatin online?If so where?Please keep us updated on how you get on...Thanks.

I am going to an integrative medical doctor tomorrow. Am bringing the study with me. There is a section that Hip wrote about online pharmacies that you can order prescription Meds without a prescription. Nystatin is a pretty benign drug ( amphotericin much more toxic ). I was going to dissolve Edna nystatin in a netipost and flush my sinuses. A friend of mine owns a compounding pharmacy. I will let you know how this goes.
I never had " sinus issues" just a horrible cough every winter from Nov-March.

I am going to an integrative medical doctor tomorrow. Am bringing the study with me. There is a section that Hip wrote about online pharmacies that you can order prescription Meds without a prescription. Nystatin is a pretty benign drug ( amphotericin much more toxic ). I was going to dissolve Edna nystatin in a netipost and flush my sinuses. A friend of mine owns a compounding pharmacy. I will let you know how this goes.
I never had " sinus issues" just a horrible cough every winter from Nov-March.
Correction EDTA, not what I wrote.