• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can anyone help with NutrEval results?

Hi All,

I'm very new here . . . been reading the boards for awhile, but haven't actually posted yet. I just received back my NutrEval results from Genova and have no idea how to interpret them :(

I would greatly appreciate any help or insights you can offer. I read through the commentary and tried to figure some of it out, but my brain fog just isn't comprehending most of it! Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Nutreval-1.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 92
  • Nutreval-2.pdf
    661 KB · Views: 169

leaves

Whoa.. You'll be needing a lot of supplements for methylation
I'd say take a Thorne basic nutrients multi as well as additional methylfolate, p5p and the 2 b12's.
Also take some r lipoic acid from drs best.
Also take some borage oil and some Sam -e
As well as magnesium chloride topical
For the Analysis: I'm sure others with deeper insights will chip in :D

kerrilyn

Hi Minniemom, welcome to the forum.

That looks like a very detailed test. Wish I could help you. I took the Genova MAP test, which is the same as pages 7-10 of your test results and I don't know what any of it means. It's interesting to compare my values with yours, but that's it. For example your Citric Acid value is 85.4 and mine is 280.5 - no idea what that means.

The report only mentioned values that were outside of the reference range, and for me that was a-Ketoglutaric Acid (AKG). My Methylmalonic Acid (MMA) was 17.7 (range is 19) and FIGlu was 5 (range is 12.1), so they were not addressed in the report. MMA is a marker for B12 deficiency and Figlu is folate, if I've understand info given on this forum correctly.

When I got the results back I thought I'm not in that bad of shape if only 1 value is too high. But I was told on the forum, the MMA and Figlu numbers should be low - close to 0 for optimum function. If that's true, my MMA is especially high. And does that mean that all the numbers should be close to 0?

I hope you get some more answers because I'd like to know too. ;)