• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can anyone explain TH1/TH2 shift and possible drugs to alter it?

xks201

If you have low cortisol there will be depression most likely. Speaking from common sense and past experience. Low cortisol means low dopamine and low blood sugar and that sure as hell will trigger depression. Just another reason not to trust cbt. Lol
Urm...

"I was told by my CBT therapist that CFS patients typically have low cortisol, whilst in depression cortisol tends to be high."

And yes, CFS/ME and depression can happen simultaneously. I was trying to imply that too, but maybe my statement did not get across the way I intended.

Can anybody tell me which probiotic is ok to to take when you are Th2 overactive immune? I have since learnt that certain strains of good bacteria should be avoided when you are Th2 dominant. I have looked in to Prescript Assist and looks like a really great product,but still can't determine if it is suitable for Th2 dominance?