• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Campaign to inform UK MPs re XMRV

Jenny

A member of the Foggyfriends message board has started a one-man campaign to inform all UK MPs about research into XMRV, and in particular Judy M's findings from the UK study.

As a member of FF I don't think I'm allowed to post links, but to see what's going on you can join and look for posts by Xinnian.

Jenny

fred

The game is afoot
I have looked at this thread and have concerns about it: the method that is being used to lobby politicians; the poster's big claims of high level connections with those in power; the apparent assumption that there is no advocacy/activism already taking place in the UK that this new campaign may compromise; the way that personal communiction with Judy Mikovits is discussed and posted verbatim; the poster's claim that he has access to the WPI's UK study paper and that it may be published on Weds 10th November; and his request for funds to support his mail out campaign to all MPs.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I have looked at this thread and have concerns about it: the method that is being used to lobby politicians; the poster's big claims of high level connections with those in power; the apparent assumption that there is no advocacy/activism already taking place in the UK that this new campaign may compromise; the way that personal communiction with Judy Mikovits is discussed and posted verbatim; the poster's claim that he has access to the WPI's UK study paper and that it may be published on Weds 10th November; and his request for funds to support his mail out campaign to all MPs.

If it is going to compromise something then why don't we know about it?
Only part of what Judy said was posted (she was asked if this was okay)
He didn't make any request for funds - people offered to help with donations if it was required.