• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Calling all Aussies! Anyone tried Dr Richard Schloeffel?

concepcion

Anyone find it weird that the two people in this thread saying they were almost cured by the same person only ever made one post each?

I do know of one person who is much better, although not cured, after being treated by Dr. Schloeffel, and I have posted on PR on a number of occasions. I think if someone lives near him, and you are in the age group he treats, it would be worth seeing him. Treatment is long, difficult, expensive, but seems to significantly improve the quality of life of some people. If we lived there I would take my daughter.

We have been travelling across Australia on a regular basis to see Dr Schloeffel for my daugher and he has been wonderful, thorough and never gives up. The last year has shown huge success and improvements and I would highly recommend him. He is incredibly hard to get in to see but once you get onto his books then he will give you the best available treatment and search for diagnosis thoroughly. It costs us a lot as a family to get to Sydney but it is worth it.

Hi Jane, can you give me any updates on how your daughter's treatment with Dr Schloeffel went? I hope she is feeling much better? I am considering trying to get my son in to see him. Any updates/comments you have would be much appreciated.

CCC

Hi Jane, can you give me any updates on how your daughter's treatment with Dr Schloeffel went? I hope she is feeling much better? I am considering trying to get my son in to see him. Any updates/comments you have would be much appreciated.
Please let us all know how you go.

I phoned late last year to try to talk about taking my son there, and the very rude receptionist left me in tears. I'm sure she's only doing her job, but she could be nicer about it. So brace yourself if you do phone.

That said, Dr Schloeffel has an excellent reputation in what I call the 'innovative doctor' circles. It would be worth a try if you can get in.

He is amazing but getting in is extremely difficult as he has technically officially closed his books and the receptionists are a bit harsh when you ring to enquire. However, if you are extremely persistent may just be able to get in with a little bit of luck! If anyone would like more information about him, his processes and treatment options, feel free to message me directly.

CCC

Actually, his receptionists are downright rude and nasty. Of all the doctors surgeries we've ever visited, those Pymble Grove ones are the worst.

He is amazing but getting in is extremely difficult as he has technically officially closed his books and the receptionists are a bit harsh when you ring to enquire. However, if you are extremely persistent may just be able to get in with a little bit of luck! If anyone would like more information about him, his processes and treatment options, feel free to message me directly.

Mel9

Actually, his receptionists are downright rude and nasty. Of all the doctors surgeries we've ever visited, those Pymble Grove ones are the worst.

I’m sorry you had this bad experience
I have been fortunate: they always seem very friendly
Maybe they were stressed?
A friend of mine worked as a medical receptionist for a while and found it impossibly stressful.