• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

C60 Mitochondria Repair

Hip

I think I have found out the hard way that C60 is not good for me

If you read the longecity.org forum, some people reported adverse affects with C60, which put me off trying it.

Last edited:

grapes

If you read the longecity.org forum, some people reported adverse affects with C60, which put me of trying it.

I've just started reading it. I was so hopeful about it. Was told it would first start detoxing my liver...and I think it was by my bowels. But the fatigue has been horrendous, which made me think the detox is too much for me right now.

ChrisD

I've just started using this in the last week so bumping and following this thread, but will also give updates on effects - nothing noticeable yet.

grapes

I have had to cut down on it due to the strong fatigue aspects of detox. Using 1/2 teaspoon three times a week only.

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Studies show the mitochondria aren't broken. Instead they are inhibited by high Nf-kb and there is guarding from muscle inflammation. Anti-oxidants like C-60 don't help this problem and raise your cancer risk.

BenFromNZ

Studies show the mitochondria aren't broken. Instead they are inhibited by high Nf-kb and there is guarding from muscle inflammation. Anti-oxidants like C-60 don't help this problem and raise your cancer risk.
What makes you think it would cause cancer? Usually antioxidants are associated with less risk of cancer. I've read people in a telegram group who weren't selling any brand talk about having cancer in several organs clear up after beginning c60 (anecdotal sure). From what I remember in the rat study when the rats died they didn't have any tumors even though rats would normally have tumors when they die

BenFromNZ

Doesn't really seem like you can take much from that study. Be interested in research that shows as you said "high doses of powerful ones inhibit apoptosis in the immune system so the body can't destroy cancer cells "

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6

grapes

Do you detox easily? I do. It's always rough for me. I had to twice detox high heavy metals and the fatigue was overwhelming.

ChrisD

Not sure if already said this on this thread. But when I used C60 a year or so ago it gave me this weird internal tremor in my spinal cord area. No idea what was going on and it sorted itself out but it didn’t feel good to me

junkcrap50

C60 can be dangerous. It is made up of carbon nanotubes and if any of the bucky balls or nanotubes are broken, they are VERY toxic and carcinogenic. Sourcing pure C60 is extremely important, which is hard to do bc there is no reputable lab that makes them. Even still, if there is any damage or degredation to even pure C60, you will have carcinogenic carbon nanotubes in you. Also, it is not possible to detox them, they in are in you forever.