• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

c4a/gcmaf

This has probably been discussed in detail, but I could not sort through every thread.
1.) I realize C4a is linked to a +/- response of the gcmaf. Mine was 2443. I had bad responses.
I may try again in very low doses.

can anone explain in more biological detail?

Also, my tgfb-1 was very elevated, which I have shared. I read that Dr. Y mentions not to take GcMaf w/ if that is the case.

Has anyone had their c4a or tgcb-1 changed? And can this be at all damaging to our bodies, even in the smallest dosage?
thank yáll

floydguy

I am confused by the TGF Beta statement by de Meleir as I thought a lot of us have elevated TGF Beta. I have both high TGF Beta1 (21,000 last check) and C4a (67,000 last check). However, I fall into a biotoxin sensitive group where high values aren't unusual.

I've been told that it may not be a great idea to reduce TGF Beta 1 without knowing why it's elevated. It could be helping mediate something else.