• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BUSTIE B.B. reporting from the BIG APPLE on STOCK ANALYSTS saying DUMB THINGS AMPLIGEN $'s

lartista

I agree with what you are saying but.... the articles I am talking about are the lies the stock analyst was saying before the Dec 20th meeting pushing it down. For me the real issue is not the ups and downs of the stock but the lies that ADAM FEURESTEIN was saying. That's all... he was making comments like there was another drug choice and that Ampligen didn't work for any one and many other things... It was the lies and his lack of interest in US as a sick community. He also wrote me personally stating that our efforts are fruitless as the FDA does not listen to us... That is just not true... so that was the bone I was picking... But Adam doesn't just do this to ampligen, he is known for doing this... SO I AGREE WITH YOU, IT TANKED AFTERWARDS due to Ampligen's failure to meet what the FDA has asked for... I am quite disappointed with ampligen too after reading all that I have read post Dec 20th...

AFCFS

I think I can understand the frustration. I have not read all of Adam Feurestein's work, but did read his article, Hemispherx's Ampligen Rehash Unlikely to Impress FDA, referenced in Ampligen: Patient's Will Determine Approval by MacJV.

I think one way to look at this is there is Hemispherx, which stands to make much money if Ampligen is approved, with Adam and MacVJ as stakeholders, not necessarily by market positions, but by their very occupations - they both get paid to write "analyst" articles. In that fashion, even though they appear antagonistic, they are kind of like groupies in that they seem to be hanging on the coat-tails of Amligen/Hemispherx, which give them something to write about.

The FDA and patients provide needed drama to make the articles that much more interesting, but neither FDA or patients are directly in line for monetary profit or loss with the fate of Amligen/Hemispherx. It is the job of Hemispherx, Adam, and MacVJ to highlight or downplay the aspects of the drama. There is ample room to say there are different perspectives here, all providing a frame of reference for their case.

In Hemispherx's Ampligen Rehash Unlikely to Impress FDA, Adam takes a frame of reference that basically revolves around the statement:
Hemispherx deceived investors and the SEC, then raised money on this lie of omission.

In Ampligen: Patient's Will Determine Approval, MacJV acknowledges that frame of reference but quickly shifts out of it by stating:
I could care less about the discrepancy he mentions in data.

Do these people like us or hate us? I doubt that is the proper question; they are just doing a job. One could argue that either or both Adam or MacJV was doing us a favor in their presentations, just as the FDA could be seen either as a bungling bureaucratic entity or a strong safeguard for unaware citizens.

So, the whole ball of wax can be frustrating because it seems that just about everyone is motivated by something other than direct, heartfelt care of people with CFS. I do not know for sure, but would suspect that the testimonies on Dec. 20th had very little effect on the FDA decision process. They did, perhaps, give CFS people a sense of empowerment, even if it was false.

I would feel more optimism if Warren Buffett/ Berkshire Hathaway snatched up Hemispherx, but it did not happen, and I doubt it will. Maybe my views are a function of the CDC (yet another dramatic player in this game) premise mentioned by MacJV that CFS people "showed signs of "neuroticism" defined as long term tendency to be in a negative emotional state," but I see them more likey to come from MacJV's follow-up statetement: It's a wonder the NY Times didn't run the headline-CDC study -A scientific breakthrough: Bedridden patients found to be negative and depressed.

Firestormm

I would be intrigued to hear an update from any 'analyst' following the stock performance. At a close of $0.28 I do wonder if those pushing this particular stock are still investors themselves. I didn't follow the trading on Friday; but judging from the volumes we can probably say that 50% of the market capitalisation was traded across Thursday and Friday alone and perhaps far more across the week (though much of this would have been speculation). I always find it 'odd' that those who put out positive blogs are seemingly reluctant to update following bad news or to admit they were wrong - let alone apologise to those less wary who will undoubtedly have been 'sucked in'. But to be fair it is the holiday weekend. Still, I would have expected more post-match analysis in general than I have seen. I am guessing that those who made money are having a good Xmas and those that didn't are nursing their wounds in private. Chasing biotech stocks for the uninitiated (or even the initiated) when so much seemingly hangs on a committee meeting; can be a very tough and expensive introduction into any stock market.

Once Ampligen gets its yes vote from the Dec. 20th committee, investors should see an epic run up in stock price. 1-4 million patients in the U.S. alone have ME/CFS and Ampligen will be the only approved product. While it's difficult to judge the market potential, look at MS with 400,000 patients and a $10 billion market. Or Rheumatoid Arthritis with 1.3 million effected in the U.S. and $16-18 billion in sales. I think its safe to say the stock will fly.

Disclosure: I am long HEB. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.

http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/6056361-macsjv/1372401-ampligen-patient-s-will-determine-approval

lartista

Im glad Wall Streets most trusted news source, Busty BB, is on the case. Wearing two ties, now that's professionalism.
did you like both ties? I live in Italy where they have a perverted sense of humor. They sell sausages in the shape of bull balls and then they make another sausage in the shape of the third leg... so playing off of the culture where I live, I brought in my own Italian sausage and placed them in the men's boxer tuxedo underwear I bought. The point is I may be ridiculous and but so is ADAM. I put on my clown suit and as we say in Italy, I placed my balls on the table for the challenge. But in reality who is more ridiculous me, a sick desperate disabled person trying and begging for a new drug for us or some but head taking advantage of us by manipulating the stock like its a new gadget on the market for XMAS. It is our lives! Like Bustie says... Desperate times call for desperate measures! (even if it foot long sausages!)

lartista

I think I can understand the frustration. I have not read all of Adam Feurestein's work, but did read his article, Hemispherx's Ampligen Rehash Unlikely to Impress FDA, referenced in Ampligen: Patient's Will Determine Approval by MacJV.

I think one way to look at this is there is Hemispherx, which stands to make much money if Ampligen is approved, with Adam and MacVJ as stakeholders, not necessarily by market positions, but by their very occupations - they both get paid to write "analyst" articles. In that fashion, even though they appear antagonistic, they are kind of like groupies in that they seem to be hanging on the coat-tails of Amligen/Hemispherx, which give them something to write about.

The FDA and patients provide needed drama to make the articles that much more interesting, but neither FDA or patients are directly in line for monetary profit or loss with the fate of Amligen/Hemispherx. It is the job of Hemispherx, Adam, and MacVJ to highlight or downplay the aspects of the drama. There is ample room to say there are different perspectives here, all providing a frame of reference for their case.

In Hemispherx's Ampligen Rehash Unlikely to Impress FDA, Adam takes a frame of reference that basically revolves around the statement:

In Ampligen: Patient's Will Determine Approval, MacJV acknowledges that frame of reference but quickly shifts out of it by stating:

Do these people like us or hate us? I doubt that is the proper question; they are just doing a job. One could argue that either or both Adam or MacJV was doing us a favor in their presentations, just as the FDA could be seen either as a bungling bureaucratic entity or a strong safeguard for unaware citizens.

So, the whole ball of wax can be frustrating because it seems that just about everyone is motivated by something other than direct, heartfelt care of people with CFS. I do not know for sure, but would suspect that the testimonies on Dec. 20th had very little effect on the FDA decision process. They did, perhaps, give CFS people a sense of empowerment, even if it was false.

I would feel more optimism if Warren Buffett/ Berkshire Hathaway snatched up Hemispherx, but it did not happen, and I doubt it will. Maybe my views are a function of the CDC (yet another dramatic player in this game) premise mentioned by MacJV that CFS people "showed signs of "neuroticism" defined as long term tendency to be in a negative emotional state," but I see them more likey to come from MacJV's follow-up statetement: It's a wonder the NY Times didn't run the headline-CDC study -A scientific breakthrough: Bedridden patients found to be negative and depressed.

If you read what ADAM writes in the comments area... he shows his indifferent of our flight. He says outright lies and invalidates the seriousness of our illness telling us to wait for some thing else... he wrote me personally several times and basically mocked our patient activism that we do... that really made me mad! The point for me is when people seek Adam's story out, they might find BUSTIE. He will hold their attention to her about our illness and learn a new angle to consider when looking into biostocks. The hits from wall street to bustie, the men writing me in private, the sympathy letters I get from business men on wall street is all my little way to change some people's attitudes... WE THE SICK COMMUNITY ARE POWERFUL AND THEY WILL LEARN THAT IN TIME! thanks, Francesca and Bustie

dannybex

I think he shows in his comments that he doesn't understand ME/CFS. You're entitled to feel differently, but nothing a total stranger says will invalidate the seriousness of my health problems. IMHO, you're giving him way too much power in your life, and I say that because I used to do the exact same thing.

I'm sure you just meant your video to be humorous, but with all due respect, it could possibly give the impression to folks like Adam that CFS patients aren't really sick, they just like to joke around...etc.

dannybex

From the article above that AFCFS posted a link to, Feurestein said the following:

"
Everyone loves a comeback story with a happy ending, but Hemispherx's second attempt won't turn out any happier than the first. FDA is likely to reject Ampligen again
because Hemispherx ignored the agency's demand to run a new clinical trial
in chronic fatigue syndrome.
Instead, Hemipsherx has spent the past three years doing essentially nothing but re-analyzing data from the old Ampligen phase III trial completed in 2004. FDA reviewed the original study already, deeming it "lacking credible evidence of efficacy of Ampligen."

What about that, or any of the rest of his article is a lie? Seems to me he was right, just like he was correct back in 2009 when he said they were lying about 'imminent' FDA approval in June of that year.

Firestormm

24 December 2012: Class Action Launched against HEB for non-disclosure:

...The Complaint alleges that throughout the Class Period, the Company made a host of materially false and misleading statements regarding the safety and efficacy of Ampligen, and touted purportedly positive results from Ampligen's clinical trials. As a result of the foregoing, the Company's statements were materially false and misleading at all relevant times.
On December 18, 2012, the FDA published an FDA staff report concerning Ampligen's safety and efficacy.

Specifically, the report concluded that the Company's studies were "ill-defined and invalid" with signals of efficacy that were inconsistent between clinical trials, and based on the limited quality of the data, "it is difficult to draw conclusions regarding potential safety signals," but the "review identified nine potential safety concerns associated with Ampligen."
As a result of this disclosure, Hemispherx shares declined $0.276 per share or nearly 43%, to close at $0.368 per share on December 18, 2012.

As a result of Company's wrongful acts and omissions, and the precipitous decline in the market value of the Company's securities, Class members have suffered significant damages....

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/share...rx-biopharma-inc--20121224-00143#.UNlNDaya_Tq

lartista

From the article above that AFCFS posted a link to, Feurestein said the following:

"
Everyone loves a comeback story with a happy ending, but Hemispherx's second attempt won't turn out any happier than the first. FDA is likely to reject Ampligen again
because Hemispherx ignored the agency's demand to run a new clinical trial
in chronic fatigue syndrome.

Instead, Hemipsherx has spent the past three years doing essentially nothing but re-analyzing data from the old Ampligen phase III trial completed in 2004. FDA reviewed the original study already, deeming it "lacking credible evidence of efficacy of Ampligen."

What about that, or any of the rest of his article is a lie? Seems to me he was right, just like he was correct back in 2009 when he said they were lying about 'imminent' FDA approval in June of that year.

No offense taken as you were KIND in your expression of communication. I have said that when ADAM writes in his comment area to people, he says flaming lies and does 100% bashing of the drug. So my argument is not just what he writes in the articles but more about the window or door he opens to the core of his heart when he writes to respond to people. HIS INTENTIONS. Sorry my writing is bad today as I have significant brain fog today.I am VERY DISAPPOINTED in the HEMISPHERX companies failure to meet the FDA trial questions, that is true but with that said:
1) Adam represents he knows about our illness like an authority FALSE - HE DOES NOT
2) Adam says the drug does not work & the effect is all placebo FALSE - THERE IS A SUB GROUP WHICH RESPONDS WELL, EVEN OVER OVERWHELMINGLY
3) Adam says we need to wait for a different drug to be discovered FALSE - VALCYCLOVOIR & OTHERS FOR FOR SOME OF US BUT BECAUSE THEY ARE CLOSE TO BEING OUT OF PATENT, THERE IS NO PROFIT FOR THE DRUG COMPANIES TO APPLY - SO THEY DON'T APPLY, I ASKED MY CONTACTS THIS WEEK & THERE IS NOTHING ELSE BEING ASKED FOR -
4) Adam states that Ampligen is toxic - FALSE - THERE ARE CONCERNS AND AMPLIGEN WAS RE-MODIFIED TO BECOME LESS TOXIC, THERE IS NOT ENOUGH CONCLUSIVE STUDIES TO VALIDATE IT IS TOXIC
5) Adam stated to me personally comments about our patient advocacy groups like this have NO vale FALSE - PATIENT GROUPS & INDIVIDUALITY ADVOCACY LIKE ME & BUSTIE DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
6) Adam seems to think that if their is no stock investment value, then there is no value in the drug FALSE - THE FDA RIGHT NOW IS ALLOWING SEVERELY SICK PATIENTS TO DECIDE WHAT LEVEL OF RISK FROM A NEW DRUG IS O.K. IF SUICIDE IS AN OPTION TO A LOW ADL PERSON, THEN AMPLIGEN COULD BE A VIABLE CHOICE.
7) Adam does not care about ME/CFS, the chronically ill community, or helping us TRUE - THERE SEEMS TO BE A SOCIAL ETHICS COMPONENT MISSING HERE. TO BE A BASHER & PROVIDE NO OTHER POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE TO ME IS LIKE A "EASY OUT".

Adam is hurting numerous chronic illnesses because he does not do his home work. He kills the stock 100% when there is a viable drug market for AMPLIGEN for s small sub group. I will try to make a vidoe and upload it.

My target market for BUSTIE BB is not you, not the chronically ill community, not the FDA, not Ampligen, not CDC, not other proposed drugs, not leading ME/CFS researchers. BUSTIE BB is for Wall Street to make a mark on socially responisble issues even if she si socially irresponsible, that is the double entendre, oxymoron, double dichotomy. She is not here for US to learn, she is here for the Wall Streeters to learn and she seems to have gotten their attention... Francesca

dannybex

Well, I appreciate your reply. I just think we should be more upset with Hemispherx than with a guy who wrote about it. But I guess we'll have to respectfully agree to disagree. Wishing you the best in the coming year. :)

dannybex

24 December 2012: Class Action Launched against HEB for non-disclosure:

Wow. And it looks like that was written before the stock went down another 20% on Friday. I can't imagine how HEB will survive this, which is a shame, because it has helped some people quite dramatically.

Firestormm

Wow. And it looks like that was written before the stock went down another 20% on Friday. I can't imagine how HEB will survive this, which is a shame, because it has helped some people quite dramatically.

Danny, I'm not overly familiar with this US approach. Is it particularly serious this class action? I mean I'm not too sure that it is really. It's something brought against the company by shareholders/investors isn't it. Whereas if the SEC had gotten involved then we might be seeing something significant - which is what The Street implied was warranted I seem to recall. Still it will be interesting to see what next transpires. Maybe the SEC will be informed - share price 'manipulation' maybe? The company certainly took advantage back in the Summer raising $8million apparently for themselves.

lartista

Well, I appreciate your reply. I just think we should be more upset with Hemispherx than with a guy who wrote about it. But I guess we'll have to respectfully agree to disagree. Wishing you the best in the coming year. :)
Your right!!! I spoke with my contact (I will call this person APPLE), as my contacts always want their names with held because they are running in these inner circles. Apple was this past week or two ago at the FDA meeting testifying in person and APPLE is VERY UNHAPPY with Ampligen's conduct and indifference towards the FDA. I will try to make a video and I will post it here later...

joshualevy

Lartista and others: Now that Adam Feurestein's reporting has been shown correct -- he said the committee would vote no and they did -- are you going to say your sorry? I mean, he's a reporter who accurately predicted the meeting while other reporters (who you said good things about) predicted the wrong things. Sounds like you owe him an apology.

Joshua (not Jay!) Levy

JustJack

put on yer dancin' shoes
Adam's behavior toward HEB is years old. He is short, he works with shorts, do not for one momen think that there is not another reason for his "reporting". He will be proven wrong, perhaps not yet, but it will come. Ampligen wil get approval, it may be provisional at first, with potential CDC study, blah, blah. What you must remember always when dealing with stock, is it is all about the $$$$$$$. PERIOD. You must study, know what you are talking about, DD etc., if you do, you will see that AF will be wrong on this one. I stand in absolute solidarity with my ME/CFS family on this one.

JustJack

put on yer dancin' shoes
Well reported lartista! I fought with AF in 2009, the first time. He remains a shut door.
I am following HEB, Dr Carter, etc., been following Ampligen since 1997. FDA's review was incomplete, too many members not understanding Ampligen well enough to have voted, etc. I pray your APPLE has an inside track to what might be done to assist in any way (my story?) in helping push for provisional approval, etc.

I am one of those that could not get access ever to A. CMV Mono/Guillian Barre 1978, diagnosed ME/CFS 1997, late stage, 2008. Untreated. Ex Theatre Producer with flourishing career, full disability since 2006, forced "retirement" at 53.

Thanks for all the info here.
JJ

JustJack

put on yer dancin' shoes
I agree with what you are saying but.... the articles I am talking about are the lies the stock analyst was saying before the Dec 20th meeting pushing it down. For me the real issue is not the ups and downs of the stock but the lies that ADAM FEURESTEIN was saying. That's all... he was making comments like there was another drug choice and that Ampligen didn't work for any one and many other things... It was the lies and his lack of interest in US as a sick community. He also wrote me personally stating that our efforts are fruitless as the FDA does not listen to us... That is just not true... so that was the bone I was picking... But Adam doesn't just do this to ampligen, he is known for doing this... SO I AGREE WITH YOU, IT TANKED AFTERWARDS due to Ampligen's failure to meet what the FDA has asked for... I am quite disappointed with ampligen too after reading all that I have read post Dec 20th...

AF actually sickens me. I wish there wasz some way to report him to Jim Cramer. I may try (why not!) lol!

JustJack

put on yer dancin' shoes
New here, but follow HEB and know about A and AF, etc., absolutely everything you say, I also believe to be true, independently of ever having read this until today.

best of luck with your campaign. yes, AF lies and had a hand in manipulating the stock in advance of 12/20.

JJ

dannybex

AF actually sickens me. I wish there wasz some way to report him to Jim Cramer. I may try (why not!) lol!

The question is "Why?". At least Feuerstein was correct, both in 2009 and 2012. Cramer was telling everyone to buy, buy, buy stocks less than 2 months before the massive market crash in 2007.