• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bulging Veins...??

alice111

Hi everyone,
i am wondering if anyone else has experienced very prominent bulging veins...? or if someone knows what this is a result or sign of?
This is a relatively new symptom, and began after I started cortef. I am wondering if it is a sign of electrolyte imbalance? too much or too little sodium or something?
It is definitely worse when I am even slightly warm, but it also happens randomly. the veins become very "bulgy" and angry looking when I have my arms down by my sides. Oh, also it's mostly my arms, but also around groin area.. which is weird.
anyway, if anyone has any thoughts or has had a similar experience that would be much appreciated! thanks :)

snowathlete

Not sure, but I recently noticed, and my wife did too, that the veins in my forearms have been bulging out. So something new for me too.

Aileen

My veins, especially arms, hands and front lower legs, have been "juicy" ;) for years. They go up and down. Been happening since I was a teenager. Everyone who takes my blood loves me. :D
I wouldn't worry unless you are experiencing pain or other symptoms with it.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I developed a couple of noticeable bulging veins on my forearms. They came within a couple of weeks of becoming ill. They've never changed since then but as to what caused them??

taniaaust1

One can expect this to occur some when warm.

Ive had several incidents thou where my veins suddenly extremely bulged for no reason at all. A couple of times it happened in my hands, another time it was with a neck vein.

Aileen

Perhaps it has something to do with the mis-shaped red cells Dr. Simpson found a while ago. It would take more effort to get them through the veins and thus they enlarge? Perhaps it is a blood pressure issue?

DeGenesis

I have heard that POTS or elevated diastolic pressure when standing due to venous pooling can cause bulging veins. After a shower the veins in my feet are very engorged.

Last edited: