• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bruise on inside of biceps?

acer2000

Hi,

From time to time I noticed that I get bruises on the inside of my biceps. I don't recall being injured in that area and I'm not generally someone who bruises a lot. Has anyone else experienced this symptom? Do you know what it might indicate?

thanks

sillysocks84

I have had unexplained bruising. So I tested my blood for things like Wilson's disease. My blood came back normal. I think I read somewhere that mast cells can release mediators that can cause bruising. I have been taking neuroprotek because I also have developed hives and throat reactions, and I have noticed I so far haven't had anymore unexplained bruising. So it looks like neuroprotek is helping calm my mast cells and halt the weird bruising. It was an added bonus for me.

whodathunkit

That happens to me a lot. I think we just knock things and don't realize it. The bruises are usually small, about the size of a finger tip. I hope it's not a sign of anything worse.

sillysocks84

I should add there are other ways to calm mast cells. High dose vitamin c and also vitamin k2, and many others!

skwag

This is a very common place that bruises easily even in healthy people. I've seen it a lot in any kind of martial art that involves grappling. Not that you are grappling, but if someone is grabbing your upper arm to help you up or something like that, that might be the cause. I've given myself a few of these by using my arms to lift myself up ( imagine trying to lift yourself out of a hole in the ground with your "elbows" ).

Snookum96

I bruise there as well as forearms, legs, feet and hands very easily. Even just standing causes bruising on my legs. My blood work is mostly ok as well. Yet another mystery.

IreneF

I constantly get mystery bruises, as does my daughter. We're just like that.

But sometimes I get things that are not so much bruises as sore spots or lumps. I got one on the inside of my upper arm recently. It hurt but cleared up in a few days. Maybe it was a swollen lymph node.

Gingergrrl

I have had spontaneous unexplained bruises on my calves/legs for the last few years. They again went away but returned with a recent MCAS flare up including a bruise on my neck :eek: and my MCAS doctor was 100% certain they were part of my MCAS and explained there is a genetic marker (?) or component to it but it was above my level of understanding! Now that flare up is better, the leg bruises are gone again!

barbc56

I rarely bruise, however I occasionally get the fingertip circular bruises on my inside upper arms for as long as I remember, even before getting sick. They look like someone has grabbed my upper arms. I have always wondered how I get them.

Right now, it's just me and the cat. The bruises certainly aren't cat prints. Maybe Alien Abductions while sleeping? Hmmmmm.
Barb

barbc56

It's the only explanation I can think of. Occam's razor and all. :rolleyes:

I have a few right now and I certainly can't think of anything I've done lately to explain it. Maybe I should start keeping a record. About the most strenous thing I've done lately is take out the trash.

Then again the universe can sometimes just be random!

Barb