• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Breakspear Hospital - worth trying?

Jenny

There you go! :( Hopefully this was not his only suggestion...
As a matter of interest what was your diagnosis? Was it Dr J who advised you or also your regular doctor?

As far as I know Dr J only saw patients for a specific autonomic assessment/test and his recommendations were merely based on the findings of the patients autonomic nervous system. Then it was up to your regular doctor to follow up on that advice or leave it.

In my case he only prescribed some medication to reduce my hypersensitivity, testing for allergies and heavy metals which he thought might be a factor in the abnormalities he had found. But again my case at the time looked pretty desperate and since I couldn't stand for five seconds there was no point suggesting I exercised and it wouldn't have been wise either as I used to suffer from lyme rage...

Yes his other suggestions were a load of 25 different supplements, long term abx, use of CO2 rebreather, and allergy testing. His diagnosis was several different types of autonomic dysfunction, including very low CO2. Another doctor at the Breakspear had previously confirmed the ME diagnosis.

I wasn't as bad as you, but I was frequently unable to sit upright for more than 10 minutes or so.

I followed all the treatment recommendations for a few years (not including the tennis), and got no better. Perhaps I should have followed the tennis recommendation!