• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Brain-fog - who has this?

stridor

Since the early days, I can decrease fog by up to 20% just my holding the palm of my hand against my forehead. The benefit does not extend beyond the application. Who else has this and what does it mean?

stridor

I just figured this out. It wasn't the palm on the forehead - it's raising my arms. I wonder if this has anything to do with the CCSVI?

Try this again folks. Does anyone else derive benefit from raising their arms above their heads?

pmn

I always suspected ammonia (perhaps due to my CBS +- or H Pylori) with brain fog as mine would decrease with lots of fibre which is supposed to soak the excess up

Valentijn

I just figured this out. It wasn't the palm on the forehead - it's raising my arms. I wonder if this has anything to do with the CCSVI?

Try this again folks. Does anyone else derive benefit from raising their arms above their heads?
Raising your arms over your head results in increased pulse pressure and heart rates drops to compensate. In my case, my pulse pressure stays low, and heart rate just drops for the fun of it. Make me feel awful.

stridor

pmn
I have had a lot of problems in the past converting sulphite to sulphate. And I had to go on a low sulphur/thiol diet for a couple of years. I have 4 CBS +-. Like you, I have thought that ammonia was a contributor and take cal-mg butyrate. Have you ever tried this one? It is supposed to be a mild gut antiinflammatory as well as bind ammonia.

I still have not figured out how much it is helping me because I am back to trying too many ideas at once again. Bad habit of mine that I got away from for a while but this site has so much information and I want to try everything.

stridor

Valentijn
I'm kinda back to the palm on the forehead idea. It always works while the arm thing does not. This CCSVI thing is interesting and I am not sure why it isn't considered more here. I have blood flowing the wrong way towards my brain and this interferes with oxygenation, removal of waste and puts pressure on the BBB.

I think that it was Cheney who said that probably 90% of ME people will have this. If we improve ME then mitochondria function in the heart will improve and this symptom should resolve. My brother who shares my genes and exposures to mercury, has had problems with angina. Do you see your heart response as part of your expression of ME?