• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Body temp 95 - too low?

Snookum96

I have started tracking my symptoms to keep a better record and decided to take my temperature at 10 every night when I go to bed.

Tonight I am at 95 F. I'm usually around 96.5 when I've measured randomly in the past so that's low even for me.

I know we have abnormal temperatures compared to healthy people and I do have POTS so I expect variation but how low is too low?

When I looked it up I read that hypothermia is anything below 95. I don't feel any crappier than usual so I'm not sure why I'm so off.

SOC

I don't feel any crappier than usual so I'm not sure why I'm so off.
I imagine every human has some body temperature variability over time. It becomes a matter of concern when one consistently has an abnormal body temperature. I'd suggest that you keep an eye on it and if your body temp stays in the hypothermic range, discuss it with your GP.

My body temp was consistently the same as your usual temp -- 96.5. I was told it was likely due to hypothyroid. Now that I am treated for hypothyroid with both T3 and T4, my body temp is usually (not always) closer to the normal 98.6.

Snookum96

I imagine every human has some body temperature variability over time. It becomes a matter of concern when one consistently has an abnormal body temperature. I'd suggest that you keep an eye on it and if your body temp stays in the hypothermic range, discuss it with your GP.

My body temp was consistently the same as your usual temp -- 96.5. I was told it was likely due to hypothyroid. Now that I am treated for hypothyroid with both T3 and T4, my body temp is usually (not always) closer to the normal 98.6.
Thanks @SOC

I'm seeing my GP tomorrow so may ask her about it. I've had a bunch of thyroid tests and all normal so far.

I'll have her check it too maybe, her thermometer should be better quality than mine:)