• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BMJ: Reanalysis of PACE trial reignites row over chronic fatigue treatment (September 29)

Esther12

I wasn't able to spot this in the paper version of the BMJ.

If it wasn't published that means Drs will have read the previous article White claiming that going back to the 2007 protocol makes "not a ha'porth of difference", but not about the actual data showing that the protocol recovery criteria means that it cannot be claimed CBT or GET improve recovery rates.

Also, it seems that the BMJ still have not published Matthees' Rapid Response to their previous article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27654128#cm27654128_30328

BMJ not doing well here.

(There was a piece in the latest BMJ that had Wessely talking about how great it is to have support from the colleagues you met as a junior doctor... yeah, I'm sure those personal connection can come in really handy).