• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

blurry vision....exercises?

taniaaust1

Thanks all for the comments. I have an appointment with an optometrist soon and will hopefully get more information about what is going on.....

Unfortunately with ME our eyes can be varying all the time and what the optometrist finds one day may not be what is going on much of the rest of the time. Optometrists can often get confused with us as far as things like glasses go.. finding we need one strength one time but our eyes may be fine another day.

With ME often the best treatment for blurred vision is the rest the eyes eg shut them....doing eye exercises may make the vision worst.

Be aware that also some low blood flow to head also can be affecting the eys and causing blurred vision too. If that is the case laying down could also help.

caledonia

Thanks all for the comments. I have an appointment with an optometrist soon and will hopefully get more information about what is going on.....

Xchocoholic, I had been working part time for several years, but the methylation supplements made enough of a difference for me to decide to try working full time. While I am not cured by a long shot, the supplements seem to have shifted my symptoms....for now anyway, it's working okay. I take close to homeopathic doses and have never increased. They are very powerful.

When I take B12 my vision gets sharper. When I don't, I can get episodes of blurriness.

I believe that your methylation treatment should eventually help your eyes.

If what you're doing is working, I don't know if I would increase it or not. It's easy to make ourselves worse...

My personal plan is to stay at very tiny doses until all my metals are out, then try to gradually increase. I had eye improvement on about 50mcg of B12.

determined

Thanks for the comments. Taniaaust1, I agree with you that perhaps my eyes just need more rest....not really possible right now.

Caledonia, I am afraid to do anything with my supplement doses. Any little change, and it can upset everything!

I noticed less of the blurry vision during the Thanksgiving break, but then right back at it today at work. Maybe it's the lighting or the stress...or both, or neither! I have given up trying to figure out this illness! Way too many variables.